Part 6 - The Falling Out

(Like the fallout haha Jenna Ortega?!?!??!!!)

————————
Wednesday sat in Principal Weems office, she was annoyed that Weems would even consider her to be a suspect for the murder of Ajax. Sure she hated him, but he was friends with Enid, she would never do anything to upset her. The way she saw Enid cry before she was dragged away, it made Wednesday feel nauseous.

Wednesday was dragged down to the dungeons, multiple students had "evidence" against her, such as seeing her threaten him just a few minutes before. The whole school hated her more than usual, now. Wednesday knew she was set up. She sat down on her rock solid bed and sighed as she tried to figure out who would possibly do this to her. She missed Enid, tremendously.

-

Enid paced her dorm, worried about Wednesday. Xavier had told her that he saw Weems dragging her down to the dungeons, students were forbidden to go down there. Knowing Wednesday she probably found the silence and darkness comforting. Enid knew that Wednesday didn't kill Ajax, Wednesday would never do that. Enid missed the sound of the typewriter keys clacking as Wednesday quickly worked on her novel. She missed her dark eyes, and the way she'd look at her with such a scary yet soft expression. Sure Wednesday seemed scary, but nobody really cared to learn more about her like Enid did. Enid knew what she had to do, she had to prove that Wednesday didn't kill anyone.

So Enid got to work, she called Xavier because she knew he would help since Wednesday is a close friend of his and he would do anything to help her. Her and Xavier were about to leave to go back to the original murder scene of Jacob, but she was forgetting something.

"Oh! Right, I almost forgot to invite you along Thing. Will you come with us?"

'I will help you because you treat me so kindly' signed Thing.

"Ok, perfect." Enid said with a huge grin on her face, she couldn't believe it, she was going to solve a murder, just like Wednesday.

She and Xavier made their way to the window leading to the attic, Thing riding on Enid's shoulder.

"It's locked.". Xavier said, disappointed.

Thing hopped off Enid's shoulder as he proudly began to pick the lock, and when he prevailed put two fingers bent in a fashion that resembled Superman. Enid pat him on his.. "head" and picked him back up, placing him back on her shoulder. As they crawled through, the horrid scent of death hit them like Regina George getting hit by a school bus. Enid gagged, pulling her snood up over her nose. Xaviers face scrunched up unpleasantly.

The two turned on their flashlights and began searching for anything they could use to find the real culprit. They spotted Jacobs body, then. Enid looked at it in fear, she wanted to turn around and run. The man was going through rigor mortis, he was decomposing. How was the body still here if the school knew of it?? It took everything in Enid to not turn and run with her tail between her legs, Xavier stood by her clearly equally disturbed by the sight.

The two stepped closer, so they could examine the body. They didn't notice anything, but that could be because neither of them knew what they were looking for in particular. Thing hopped off Enid's shoulder examining the scene for himself, sure Wednesday was rude to him but he knew that she loved him, as they were family of course. Thing crawled around Jacob's body.

The three of them found next to nothing, except for a hair that most certainly did not belong to Jacob, it was short, but much longer than his, and it was a lighter shade of brown. Xavier had noticed that there was a bite mark on Jacobs arm. It resembled that of a vampire.

The two looked at each other and quickly ran out of the attic, and towards Yoko's dorm, knocking.

Yoko opened the door and Xavier held up the hair which was now in a small plastic bag and a photo of the bite mark.

"Which one of you did this?"

"huh?" Yoko questioned, taking the photo and bag from Xavier, examining it. "His name is Edward, his dorm is down the hall."
"I'll go, you get Weems, and Thing, find Wednesday."

Thing hopped off Enid's head and started running down the halls, on his way to the dungeons to retrieve Wednesday. As Xavier and Enid watched Thing crawl away they both looked at each other, nodded, and then split up to accomplish their parts of the task at hand.

Wednesday perked up at the familiar pitter patter of Things' fingers. Followed by Weems and Enid who was smiling at the colorless girl. Weems sighed as she unlocked the cell Wednesday was kept in and apologized.

Wednesday didn't say anything to her, she just walked right past the old woman and pulled Enid into a hug. Walking out of the dungeon with her arm around her, Thing climbing onto her head. The two made their way back to Ophelia Hall with no words. They both fell silent the whole walk, Wednesday was because she didn't feel like talking and Enid because she was in shock that Wednesday was walking through the halls with her arm around her.

The two sat on Enid's bed, Enid holding the shorter girl incredibly close, Wednesday felt nauseous but not in a bad way. Still, she pulled away from Enid almost immediately standing up and walking towards her typewriter as she began working on her novel in silence. Enid frowned.

She stood up and walked to Wednesday and stood behind her with a mischievous smile.

"What do you want?" Wednesday said, emotionlessly.

Enid just wrapped her arms around Wednesday and rested her chin on the dark girls head, reading as she typed out the words. Wednesday didn't say a thing to her, she had no issue with this. She just continued typing out her novel, with a small smile on her face.

Finally, Wednesday sighed, satisfied with her work as she stood up, making Enid stand up straight. Wednesday made her way to her closet, and got into her pajamas. Enid watched her. Wednesday laid down, her arms crossing over her chest. Enid walked over to her, and crawled into Wednesday's bed without a word and turned off her bedside lamp.

Wednesday didn't move a muscle, she kept her arms crossed on her chest and her eyes closed. Enid wrapped her own arms around her friend and nuzzled her face into the darker girls neck. The two drifted to sleep in peace.