part 7 - love

When Enid awoke, Wednesday was gone. She sat up, searching around the room with her eyes, disappointed when Wednesday was nowhere to be found. Enid sighed, standing up and getting dressed for the day. She wondered if Wednesday would act as if nothing happened last night or if she would at least be a little nicer to her. Well, actually she already had been really nice to her. She had been letting Enid be close with her, invading her personal space. It was so out of character for Wednesday, Enid felt so special when she was with her.
Enid sighed, grabbing her uniform and putting it on, brushing her hair, grabbing her phone and walking out the door. She didn't need to leave quite yet, she was early, but she wanted to see if maybe she would run into her...someone... who exactly is Wednesday to her? Her friend? Her girlfriend? She wasn't sure...
As Enid wandered down the hallway, she made her way to class, going to the back of the class where she usually would sit with Wednesday. But, she wasn't quite there yet, which was weird... never mind. Enid is a whole 7 minutes early. She sighed and sat down, waiting for Wednesday. She thought about last night, she felt so happy, she wondered if Wednesday felt the same way. If she loves her too.
Wednesday walked into class, and sat in her normal seat right next to Enid, not even looking at her, staring directly towards the front of the room.

"Hey Weds!!" Enid smiled, looking over at
Wednesday, hoping she would respond positively.

Wednesday glanced at Enid from the corner of her eye, with a threatening look that said "dont call me that"

Enid shrunk back into her chair, she was sad that Wednesday didn't even speak with her. But, no way was she gonna give up.

"So where were you this morning? You weren't in bed when i woke up, i was kinda worried and..."

"Be quiet." Wednesday said, as the bell rang.

Enid was hurt by Wednesdays words. She sighed, deciding to give it up for now. She will certainly come back to this later.

Wednesday looked at Enid, moving her chair away from the bright girl. She watched Enid's face shift to a darker, sadder expression. For just a moment, Wednesday felt a wave of regret, she felt...bad.

Class felt like forever. Enid was getting restless, she wanted Wednesday to wrap her up in her arms, and snuggle her forever. Then finally, the bell rang. Enid stood up immediately when Wednesday began to leave, grabbing her arm.

"I need to talk to you" Enid said, "please"

Wednesday pulled her arm from Enid's grasp, staring up at her.

"fine, Enid."

"Thank you.. meet me in the dorm after 2nd period"

"Why not now?"

"We have class, in like- 4 minutes"

Wednesday stared up at Enid, grabbing her arm and pulling her into the hallway and to Ophelia Hall. "And?" Wednesday pulled Enid into the dorm and closed the door. "If you EVER say we 'snuggled' out loud, AGAIN, I will murder you."

Now it was time for Enid to pull her arm away from Wednesday.

"Why?! What did I do to you? Wednesday, why do you hate me???"

"Enid. I dont understand why you are so angry, it's ridiculous."

"I-... I want.. I want to date you. I want to be your girlfriend, and hold hands. I want to kiss you, I want to snuggle you every night. I want to be official!"

Tears threatened to fall out of Enid's eyes.
Wednesday stepped towards Enid and pressed her lips against hers. Enid's eyes widened, she was shocked but soon melted into the kiss, grabbing Wednesdays hand.

Wednesday pulled away, looking up at Enid.

"Ok." Wednesday said, nodding.