Drunk Encounter

Summary: some drunk guys bother louis

"I'll run into the cafe and get some drinks, okay?" Harry stands from the miniature chair-and-table set he and Louis are at.

"Sure. Can I have a mint-"

"A mint cookie crumble milkshake, extra thick. Just like you. I know, baby." Harry smirks at Louis and pinches his cheek.

Bending down, he plants a kiss to Louis' hair, noticing the blush covering the boy's face. Apparently Louis still gets flustered when Harry notices and appreciates the little things such as his drink order.

"I'll be right back. Come get me if you need anything or change your mind." With a small ding from the bell above the door, Harry disappears inside.

Louis leans back in his chair, still feeling the imprint of Harry's lips on his hair. It makes him smile, remembering that Harry had finally found the courage to ask him out all those months ago. Now they're out on a mini dessert date, Louis' favorite kind.

The moon hangs low in the sky, gently illuminating Louis' surroundings. Cars speed past him on the street beyond the sidewalk, and he can hear a group of people getting closer.

"Heeeeyyyy," a man from the group slurs, clearly drunk. "How yooou doin'?"

Louis smiles politely at the ground, adjusting in his seat so he's sitting straight, avoiding the man's eyes at all costs.

"Hey! My buddy asked you a quesshun!" Another one of the drunk men call out, slamming an empty beer can to the ground, causing Louis to flinch.

"I'm fine." Louis mutters shortly, his hand fiddling with the phone in his pocket.

"You are pretty fine, yeahhh." the last man agrees, plopping down in Harry's vacated seat.

"You're a sexy little thing, aren't ya? Why don't you twirl around for us?"

"Yeah! Give us a view, slut."

Grimacing, Louis stands, roughly pushing the chair back to the table as he attempts to side step the drunk trio.

"Aww c'monnnn. Where you goinnnn?"

"We only jus got here."

Taking a deep breath, Louis immediately regrets it when cigarette smoke fills his lungs. Peering through the window, he can see Harry smiling at the lady as he places their orders.

"I've... gotta go. In there." He walks around the group, rushing into the store with a violent ding from the bell.

Turning to see the cause of the commotion, Harry's startled to see Louis looking so distressed.

"Hey, you okay?" Harry looks down to his date, who tucks himself under Harry's muscular arm. "What happened?"

"There are some drunk guys. They were just hitting on me, but I think they're probably gone now."

As if on cue, the bell rings again and Louis catches a glimpse of the three men entering the small ice cream shop.

Harry's grip on Louis' waist tightens a bit, pulling him to his other side, away from the door and towards the wall.

"These guys?" Harry asks, head tilted down to Louis as his eyes wearily follow the drunks.

"Yeah." Louis whispers back, trying to hide behind his massive boyfriend.

"We'll be out of here soon. I'll tell them to back off if they try anything."

"They won't." Louis wraps his hand around Harry's squeezing gently. "Right?"