Perfect Now

Summary: "you say to me your jeans don't fit, you don't feel pretty and it's hard to miss, I wish that you could see my point of view, as someone staring back at you"

~~~

Harry and Louis are in their apartment dressing for a television interview. As Louis' in the bathroom shaving, he can hear hangers scratching against the rack as Harry rummages through their closet.

"Hey Haz?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you grab that shirt I wore to Niall's party on Saturday? I wanna wear it for the interview. And the jeans too."

"Sure."

Slapping on some aftershave, Louis heads down the short hall to their bedroom. Well, technically it's Louis' room, Harry's is on the other side of the bathroom, but they haven't slept separately since they started dating ten months ago.

"Did you find them?" he asks, but Harry must not have heard him. Louis can hear quiet huffing and whining from the closet, and he quirks a curious eyebrow.

"Haz, what are you-" he cuts himself off when he turns into the closet, met with a pantsless Harry. Not totally pantsless, he's got a pair of skinnies pulled up to his knees and is fighting to get them up higher. Jumping up and down a bit, he manages to get them maybe an inch up his thighs before giving up with a heavy sigh.

"Fuck," Harry whispers, looking down.

"You okay?" Louis startles Harry as he steps towards him, a hand on his back.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Pants are too tight, I guess."

Louis grins at the sight of Harry's blush, reaching up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"You've got thick thighs, love."

Picking up the clothes Harry had pulled out for him, he tries not to blush as he remembers all the times Harry's thighs (which are two of Louis' favorite parts of Harry's body) have wrapped around him.

What Louis didn't see as he exited the closet was Harry's brows tug down, his gaze dropping to the floor and one of his hands hesitantly squeezing at the fat on his legs.

Though they were meant as one, Louis' words didn't register as a compliment to Harry as much as they did a reminder of his imperfections. A jab at his fatness.

Suddenly the jeans felt like they were burning his skin and he couldn't get out of them fast enough. Ripping them off his ankles, he throws them out the door, out of his sight.

Noticing this, Louis smirks as he thinks Harry's teasing him. Returning to the closet, he sees Harry standing there, this time in only his briefs, searching through his lazy-day section of the closet.

"Nice underwear." Louis says softly, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist. Harry tenses, sucking his stomach in as Louis' hands lay on top of it.

Kissing his bare back, Louis is startled by Harry's aggressive squirm.

"Can you let me go? I'm trying to get dressed."

Instantly, Louis releases his boyfriend, taking a step back.

"Right. Sorry. Hey?" He rubs his hand on Harry's shoulder. "You okay?"

Harry straightens, head turned only slightly to the side, Louis just out of sight.

"M'fine."

"Alright." Louis pauses, sensing Harry isn't being a hundred percent transparent, but not wanting to push this touchy mood into a plain old bad one. "I love you, Harry."