Louis' Birthday

Summary: It's Louis birthday and Harry struggles to decide whether to tell him how he feels.

~~~

Harry wakes up bright and early with possibly the widest smile he's ever smiled, because today is a very special day.

December 24th, the best day of the year because today celebrates his best friend.

Louis.

Every day should celebrate Louis in Harry's opinion, but unfortunately his opinion doesn't seem to go very far in this world. It's also the first day of winter holiday, so really there isn't a single reason for him not to be over the moon.

Tossing the blankets to the side, he jumps out of bed and rushes to get dressed, hurrying down the stairs and into the kitchen where his mother is waiting for him.

"Slow down, love. You're going to choke." Anne laughs as Harry practically unhinges his jaw and scoops his entire plate into his mouth.

"Sorry mum," he garbles around the food, attempting to chew, but he must admit he had taken a rather large mouthful.

About a hundred seconds later, his plate is empty and he's placing it in the dishwasher.

Racing back upstairs and into the bathroom, he takes a deep breath and looks in the mirror.

Okay. Okay. What kind of hair style does Louis like? He likes braids, but that'll take too long.

He settles on a bun at the back of his head, smiling to himself as he turns his head in the mirror.

If he has nothing else, his jawline will save him.

"I've gotta go, I'll see you later mum. Love you." Harry calls through the house as he thunders down the stairs and to the front door, car keys and gift bag in hand.

"Love you too. Tell Louis I said happy birth-"

Before she can finish her sentence he's out the door.

The entire five minute drive over, it takes all of Harry not to speed down the streets, he's so excited to see Louis.

Today Louis turns eighteen, and it's the start of the month and a half gap where Louis and Harry are different ages. Louis loves this time, always rubbing it in his face as if Harry is still a wee little baby. He'll randomly turn to his curly haired friend as they're doing a task and say "you know, back when I was your age..." and Harry would inevitably hit him to shut him up, making them both smile to themselves, blushing a bit on the inside.

Pulling into Louis' driveway, he can practically feel the house buzzing with life.

Running up the front steps, he pulls the spare key from under the mat and unlocks the door before replacing the key and heading inside.

"Harry!" Two young voices call out and Harry beams, his arms flying open as Phoebe and Daisy run into his legs, their little arms clinging to him for dear life.

"Hey Pheebs, hey Daisy!" He squeals out, his usual boyish personality coming out with the two toddlers as he carefully drops to his knees, hugging each of them tightly.

"It's Louis' birthday!" Daisy calls out, jumping up and down a few times in delight and Harry laughs, one arm still wrapped around Phoebe.

"I know! Isn't it exciting? Eighteen now!"

"He's old." Phoebe whines, burying her face in his shirt. "Like a grandpa."

Chuckling at this, Harry stands back up, swinging the giggling girl through the air.