Practice Makes Perfect

Summary: Harry and Louis are 'just friends' when they pay Louis' family a visit, but the family gets the wrong impression of their relationship

The picture is supposed to be the rocks I mention when they go to the park

Guys guys comment please I absolutely adore reading them they make me so happy

It's really long so prepare yourselves troops 🫡
~~

Harry drops all of his bags on the bed with a sigh. It had been a long day of travel, and he's quite glad they've arrived.

A few moments later, the door swings open and Louis comes tramping in, dropping his stuff on the floor near Harry's.

"Thank god we're here." he sighs, falling onto the bed, the springs squeaking loudly. "I'm exhausted."

"Me too." Harry agrees, unzipping his bag and taking out his sweatpants. "Are we seeing them tonight or no?"

"Nah," Louis mumbles into the pillow. "Told 'em we wouldn't get here until tomorrow. We have the night to ourselves."

Harry does a little jig, making Louis smile before he prances off to the bathroom.

"I mean, no offense to your family of course," he calls from behind the door, changing into more comfortable sleeping clothes. "They're lovely. I just don't feel like seeing a pack of Tomlinsons tonight. I think one is enough."

"Oi, what's that supposed to mean?" Louis props himself up on his elbows, eyes following Harry as he emerges in nothing but his sweatpants, his fingers running through his long hair, putting it in a ponytail.

"Oh relax," Harry scoffs, nearing the bed. "I'm simply saying that sometimes, occasionally, once in a while, you can be a bit of a pain in the ass." Grinning evilly, Harry joins Louis on the bed, wrestling him back down affectionately.

Louis' pretty strong though, and Harry soon finds himself being flipped back, bouncing a bit on the mattress, gazing up at his friend. By this time, Louis' beating his chest fiercely, making Harry laugh.

Leaning over Harry again, Louis' fingers threateningly graze over his bare sides, tickling him softly.

Giggling, Harry squirms underneath him, trying to escape though Louis' grip just gets tighter.

"Stop!" Harry gasps for air before falling into another fit of laughter. "Lou, I can't-"

Sitting up straight, Louis lets Harry calm down for a moment. "That's what happens when you try to fight. You get tickled."

"I wasn't fighting." Harry grins up at him. "I was just wrestling."

"Wrestling in a hotel room?" Louis quirks an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips.

"Someday." Harry winks dramatically, reaching up and pulling Louis down on top of him in a tight hug. His arms wrap around his chest, feeling Louis' hands on his sides. They lay like this for a minute or two, their breaths steadying, Harry's nose nuzzling into Louis' neck.

With a sigh, Louis peels himself from Harry's body, receiving a soft whine from the boy.

"I'll be right back, Haz. I'm just getting changed."

"Hurry."

Two minutes later, Louis' crawling back into bed. This time, he lays beside Harry and tugs the boy onto his body, Harry cuddling into him contently.

"Sleep well, love."

The next morning, Louis wakes up before Harry does. He's quite excited to see his family, and he thinks the nerves in his stomach are probably what woke him up.