Sweet Creature

Summary: I read a post about an interview Harry did where he explained the first time he showed one of his solo songs to a 'male friend' and he showed it to him in 'ou- i showed it to them in my bedroom' and I wanted to write it. Idk which song it was but I imagine it was this one.

~~

As the last few notes of the song fade out, Harry lets out a deep breath.

It's done. The song is ready to be listened to. It's been ready to be listened to for a while, a few days at least. He's just needed time to get his confidence up about it. It's a very vulnerable song, he didn't mask it's true meaning nearly as well as he usually does, and he's been worried about what the world would think.

But it's finished. And he's ready to share it. Not with the whole world yet, no. They'll have to wait for the album, but with his whole world and the inspiration of the song, he's ready.

A few hours later, he and Louis are in the kitchen for dinner. Harry's just doing the finishing touches, Louis hugging him from behind.

"Smells delicious." Louis mumbles against Harry's back.

"Thank you." Smiling, Harry sets down the cheese grater and turns in his arms. "It's your favorite."

"You're my favorite." Louis disagrees, leaning up and pressing a kiss to Harry's lips.

When he pulls away, Harry's grinning widely, arms still around Louis' neck. A moment or two passes before Harry spins back around, picking up the plates and heading off to the table.

Sitting down, Louis compliments the meal once again before digging in. Harry smiles as he watches Louis devour his food, his plate nearly pristine by the time he's finished.

"Slow down, Lou." Harry tuts, wiping his mouth with a napkin. In all honesty, he's eaten almost as fast, only a few bites left on his plate.

"Sorry. It was too good." Louis takes a sip of his water. "How's the album coming? You said you were working on a special song?"

Throat suddenly dry, Harry chews his mouthful slowly in order to buy himself time. He had been planning on bringing it up, but Louis just threw him into it.

"Uh, yeah. A special song."

"I can't believe you're making me wait until all of the songs are recorded." Louis shakes his head. He's not really upset, they both know that. He did make it clear that he'd love to hear anything Harry's willing to play him, but he also understands the desire for a grand reveal.

"Actually, I was thinking I could show this one to you. I mean, only if you want. I'd like for you to listen to it though." Harry looks at Louis nervously.

"Don't be silly, Haz, of course I want to hear it!" Exclaiming loudly, Louis jumps from the table, empty plate and cup in hand. Turning, he rushes to the kitchen and sets the stuff in the sink, Harry trailing a bit behind.

"It's in the bedroom." Harry tells him when Louis turns to face him excitedly.

"Let's go." He takes Harry's hand, pulling him gently to the staircase and up to their room. "I don't think I've ever been so excited to get you to the bedroom before."

Harry's head falls back in a laugh, consequently stumbling up a few steps.

"Calm down, Lou. It's probably not even that good-"

"Nonsense!" Louis whips around, Harry bumping into him. With Harry one step below, they're at eye level with each other. Louis shakes Harry's shoulders a bit aggressively before squishing his face between his hands. "No self deprecating talk, not when it comes to this. You can't sell yourself short."