Chapter Four

Sooooo, how's it going! I'm going to assume a lot of you have read 60 Ways to Say Goodbye, but if not, please do, because I've never been more proud of something I've written.

Also, leave a comment on this story, telling me what you like or what could be improved. Never forget to fan and vote and always tell your friends to read!

Thanks!

•BB

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 4

I opened my eyes, which were previously shut tight.

I looked down at my feet. Yep. I was really standing on a different planet.

The Doctor had never described his home planet to me and I was more than surprised by what I saw.

The ground was dusty and red, but I could see that off in the distance, there were fields upon fields of grass and flowers. And even farther than that, rocky mountains with visible signs of rivers and lakes.

The sky above had an amber tint, which was far more beautiful than I had imagined.

"Rose?" The Doctor said from beside me.

I looked down at where I was holding his hand, squeezing, actually.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"So, what do you think? Gallifrey!"

"How am I breathing?" It was the only thing I could think of.

"Rose...I want you to reach out in front of you," he told me.

"Reach out?"

"Yes, just put your hand out in front of you," he said again.

I slowly put my hand in front of me. My fingertips touched something. It was too strange because I couldn't see anything in front of me.

After all I'd seen, touching something that wasn't there was the one thing that made me jump.

"What's this?" I asked, tapping the...nothing.

"It's a glass encasement. It's how we're breathing," the Doctor explained.

"What, so we're like fish!?"

"Well..." he said,"I guess that's one way to look at it, but look behind you, Rose. Fish don't live like this!"

Behind me? I turned around slowly.

"It's...it's a whole city!" I exclaimed. It was shining and beautiful! There were buildings far taller than any I had ever seen. They were all domed at the top with spires that wound towards the sky, going on for what seemed to be forever.

"It's more gorgeous than I remember!" The Doctor smiled radiantly at my side.

"But you've never been to Gallifrey," I recalled. This was the Meta-crisis Doctor. Only the 'real' Doctor had been to his home planet.

"You keep forgetting, Rose. We have the same memories," he reminded me.

I said nothing. I knew that this man was an exact copy of the Doctor, and I loved him to death, I really did. But that was just it. He was a copy. No matter how much he sounded, looked, and acted like the Doctor, he would never be the real thing.

"Well, what do you say," he broke the silence,"let's go get our very own Time and Relative Dimension in Space!"

With that, the Doctor was off. He ran into the city without any further hesitation.