Chapter Nine

Yeah, so this is the last chapter. Its really short, and i apologize if you like long chapters. It's more of an Epilogue really, but I could call I that because it picks up where the last chapter left off.

i had fun writing this fanfic, but you should check out my other stuff because they're far better than this one.

comment, vote, and fan!

-BB

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 9

"Clara!" The Doctor exclaimed once we were in the TARDIS. "This is your first time, so where do you want to go?"

"I don't know! It's like when someone asks you to tell them about yourself and you forget everything you've ever done," she commented.

"Think really hard. Do you want to see another time on Earth? Do you want to go to another planet?..."

"Another planet," she said. "Definitely another planet. I've always wanted to travel, but this is extreme."

"Doctor, you never took me to Barcelona...we should go there," I chipped in.

"I don't want to go to Spain," Clara said.

"No, not Spain. The planet Barcelona," the Doctor informed her.

"Is it nice?" She asked.

"Beautiful!" The Doctor exclaimed.

She agreed that we should go and off we went, zooming through space as a crew. I was traveling with the Doctor again and I couldn't be happier.

I looked at Clara. Normally i might be jealous, but I could definitely see why the Doctor wanted her company. He said he had met her before, twice. And that she had died both times. Yet when I was trying to get her to come with us, is was as if she had never seen or talked to him before.

She was impossible. And it was just like the Doctor to go to no end to try to explain the impossible. He was determined to find out her secrets, whether she knew them or not.

I was curious too. Why was she able to meet the Doctor in so many time streams? And why didn't she remember it?

And how could she be alive now if she kept dying?

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts and smiled as I felt the TARDIS land. We were back to our old adventures.

I looked around for Clara and the Doctor. I saw him standing at the door.

"Come on, Rose! Don't dilly dally," he said, "Allons-y!"

My smile widened. "You still say that?"

The Doctor looked as though he was thinking. "No, not in a really long while...but I guess you bring out the best in me."

"I don't know. I quite like this version of you," I told him.

"You do?" He looked surprised.

I nodded. "You may not be as sexy but your soul seems less tortured. But knowing you, you're hurting just as much, maybe even more. Your masking your pain. Doctor, that's not healthy."

"My pain is what helps me fight," he looked at his feet. "It's what keeps me grounded and it's what drives me to do crazy things like saving worlds. My pain helps me."

"Just promise me you'll be careful, Doctor. Too much good can be very, very bad."

He nodded. "Come on, Rose. Come see Barcelona!"

I ran to him and looked outside of the TARDIS. All I could see was the color blue, stretching on for miles.

"Ah, I see we've landed at the edge of the Zaslavski sea. The biggest in all of Barcelona. You could travel for about fifteen years and you wouldn't be at the other side. But keep in mind that Barcelona is about one thousand times the size of the earth."

"Doctor, where's Clara?" I noticed.

"I take her to another planet and all she cares about is some other person she's already seen," the Doctor mumbled, joking.

"No seriously, though. Where did she go?" I asked.

I began to look around frantically.

Then a shrill scream pierced the air.

"Clara!" The Doctor exclaimed. We ran around to the other side of the TARDIS.

There was a purple sort of jungle. I followed the Doctor into the strangely colored foliage.

We ran until we saw movement up ahead.

Clara was surrounded by giant dogs without noses. She wasn't in trouble. She had just been startled. I would have been too if that was the first thing I saw on a new planet.

The Doctor began to speak to the dogs. He really did speak every language.

"Are you okay?" I checked on Clara.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just got a bit frightened," she said.

"Rule number one: don't wander off," I told her, but then I remembered, "Actually, that's rule number two. Rule number one is: The Doctor lies."

"How can you trust him if he lies?" She asked.

"If he always told the truth, he wouldn't need us to trust him. Also, he may seem a bit...insane, but he usually has a pretty good idea of what he's doing," I made sure she knew.

The Doctor abled over to us. "The dogs say Welcome to Barcelona."

Clara and I burst out laughing. It was such an abnormal sentence. I was laughing at the fact that it had come to be the sort of thing that I expected. Clara was probably laughing because she hasn't had experience with the Doctor.

We were a team now. Trust was important and laughter even more so. Without laughter, I wouldn't have survived most of the situations I ended up in with the Doctor. And Clara was going to realize that too, soon.

I was going to make sure I protected her. Because even if I never did understand her secrets, nobody deserve to die three times.

And the fact is, there are some mysteries that you just can't solve.