Chapter Five

Helloooo! So I've been thinking that Im going to play a game with you guys. It's a question game. There's no real winner, but it's just kind of fun.

So the question is: How do you guys picture me when I'm writing or in general?

Please leave your answers in the comments :)

Don't forget to vomment, fan, and tell friends to read!

-BB <3

•••••••••••••••

Chapter 5

Day after day the Doctor and I went to our classes. I learned how to fly a TARDIS from countless lectures and demonstrations. The Doctor seemed to learn a bit, or at least how to correctly do what he was already doing.

After a month of lessons and learning, the day came when we were finally going to get our TARDIS.

"Rose, it's not going to be the same. It won't always look like a Police Box," he reminded me.

"I know, and that's fine. I just want to get back to the other universe," I smiled thinking about it.

The Doctor nodded, "We'll try."

We stopped outside a door that read 'TARDIS Registration'.

This is it. We are finally getting what we have waited for forever.

We took a step inside the door.

We were the only people here at the moment.

"Are you getting your TARDIS?" The woman at the desk asked the Doctor.

"Yes! Where can we see the selection?" He asked. He sounded giddy.

"Right through that door," she directed us.

We walked through the door following her.

"As you have learned there are many different types of TARDIS, but they are not cheap," the woman said.

"S'okay," said the Doctor. "We've got quite a bit of money."

And it was true. While on Gallifrey, the Doctor had made a great sum of money in temporary jobs.

The woman started telling us about the various different types of TARDIS, as if we hadn't already learned about that in class. We were shown inside several different variations, but all of that was useless to me.

"What kind does he have?" I asked the Doctor.

"Type 40," he responded, knowing exactly what I meant.

I turned to the woman helping us. "Can you show us a Type 40, please?"

"Yes, of course," she looked a bit shocked. "We haven't sold one of those in...a very long time. I must warn you, that model of TARDIS tends to need a lot of work."

"Fine. Can we see it anyway?" I pushed.

The woman nodded reluctantly and lead us off in the right direction.

We stopped in front of the TARDIS. It was currently in the form of a Police Box.

"Why's it the same as the other one?" I whispered to the Doctor.

"When the chameleon circuit broke, the TARDIS converted into its default version and for Type 40s the default is a Police Box," he explained.

"Why a Police Box?"

The Doctor gave me a sly smile. "Why not?"

I interrupted the lady, who was telling us about the TARDIS. "We'll take this one."

"Are you sure? You don't want to test it first? Or at least look inside?" She looked a bit taken aback at our quick decision.

"No, no thanks, this should be perfect," I said.

The woman looked at the Doctor as if checking to see if he agreed. He gave her a curt nod.

"Alright, let's go back to the office so we can do the paperwork, and you can fly this out of here," she said.

We gladly followed her back to the front desk. She handed us five different papers, which we filled out together. Well, actually it was mostly the Doctor filling out things. It was his TARDIS after all. I was just the companion.

After the papers were filled out, the woman told us we were done and she gave us the key (along with some spares) to our very own TARDIS.

I was beyond excited.

"Doctor, this is actually happening, isn't it?" I said, not able to contain my enthusiasm.

"Rose Tyler, still questioning reality after all this time," he smiled.

We walked back through the rows of different TARDISes and finally returned to the one we had decided on.

Our TARDIS.

"Rose, would you like to do the honors?" the Doctor said, pressing something into my hand.

I looked down and smiled. It was the key.

I stared at the lock for a moment, preparing myself and finally opened the door by pushing it.

"Rose, it says Pull to Open," the Doctor pointed out.

"Yeah...well he always pushed," I sighed and stepped into the TARDIS.

Yep. Bigger on the inside.

It filled me with a feeling of pure bliss and I felt an uncontrollable grin spreading across my face.

"It's just like the other one," I mumbled to myself, "but this one is ours."

I got the best feeling as I rushed over to the consul. For the first time I was able to appreciate all of the bells and whistles of this amazing machine! I knew how to work it and I knew what everything did.

"Can we take a trip home?" I asked the Doctor, still focusing on the many different levers and buttons.

"You don't want to try to go back to the other universe?" He sounded confused.

"No, I do. I just want to test it out first. And I want to go see mum..."

"Oh, alright then," I could hear him walking up the ramp to stand next to me.

He circled around the TARDIS and entered the place and time into the system.

"Off to Earth!" He exclaimed and pulled down on the lever. He started to rush around pushing different buttons.

I cleared my throat and he looked over at me. "I forgot you can do this too! Help me, Rose!"

I took charge of one half of the machine while he controlled the other. I finally felt it land.

"You ready?" He said, taking my hand.

I nodded. Together we walked out the doors.

I found myself looking at our house in London. My mom was at the door and she was already staring straight at us.

I wondered for a moment why she didn't rush over and hug me.

I walked over and greeted her with a hug.

"It's been a month for me. How long's it been for you?" I asked.

"Ten seconds..." She responded.

I looked over at the Doctor. "Looks like our TARDIS is pretty accurate."

He smiled and Mum invited us into our own home for tea.