Chapter One

So this is a sample of new fanfic I have been working on. It's a DoctorxRose fanfic.

Tell me if you like it, cause I'm not sure whether or not to keep writing it, but I thought it would be fun.

So yeah. COMMENT CONTEST!!!

Comment your favorite holiday song and if its one of my favorites, I'll dedicate a chapter of this or another story to your account.

So read and give feedback!

~BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

"Rose, you better hold on tight," The Doctor yelled at me as we took position.

"I promise," I told him, "I won't let go."

He looked at me with those big eyes as he nodded.

"Alright, are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be," I assured him with a half-heated smile.

"Okay, pull on three," the Doctor instructed me. I grabbed hold of the lever with both my hands.

"One...two...three," The Doctor counted.

I pulled back with all my might. The lever locked into place and I scrambled back to my anchor before I could get sucked into hell.

There was a blinding light and an extremely strong gravitational force. I wrapped my arms around the anchor that was keeping me in this universe as dalek upon dalek flew past me.

But then it happened. I felt the gravitational pull get weaker. I looked at my lever.

It had come unlocked.

I looked over at The Doctor who stared back at me with an agonized expression.

I knew what I had to do.

Keeping one arm wrapped around the anchor, I reached as far as possible to the lever. Once I had a grip on it I pulled back once again. It took every ounce of strength I had. My head was aching from the pressure and my stomach was turning from the adrenalin. Finally the lever locked back into place.

I tried reaching back to grab the anchor.

But my arm slipped.

I scrambled to grasp the lever with my hands, and though I found a hold, it wasn't good. I could feel my fingers slipping with every second.

"Hold on!" The Doctor yelled desperately.

I looked at him with strained eyes. Through the brightness of the light, I could hardly see his face, but he looked pained.

One of my hands was wrenched from the lever and I knew I couldn't hold much longer.

Though I true with all of my might to hold on, it did me no good.

When my last finger lost grip with the lever, I felt myself being pulled into the vortex that would take me strait towards hell.

The whole world seemed to go into slow motion.

"ROOOOOOSSSEEE!!!!" I heard the Doctor scream my name. I struggled to catch on last glimpse of his face.

My days with him flashed through my mind as time grew slim. The great adventures. The crazy aliens. The times I had almost died. It was all wonderful. Now the chance for me to do that all again with the man I loved was being ripped away from me.

Time sped up to a normal pace again as my otherworldly father materialized next to me. I got one millisecond of eye contact with the Doctor - my Doctor - before I found myself staring at a white wall.

I looked back at my family, all eyes looking at me sadly.

"Take me back!" I screamed and pressed the button around my neck repeated, breaking into sobs.

"I'm sorry, the portal's closed," my father said morosely. I didn't register any of it.  

I needed to get back to my Doctor. I ran to the wall and started hitting it as if breaking the wall would break the block between our universes.

"Take me back, take me back!" I sobbed uselessly.

Realizing that hope was gone, I rested my palms and head against the wall in defeat. I could almost feel the Doctor doing the same as if he was just on the other side of the wall as opposed to a whole different universe.

I turned around to face my family.

"Let's go then," I sniffled. I couldn't bare to be here at Torchwood any longer.

*****

I woke up with dried tears on my face.

I had had the dream once again. Five years later, I was still haunted by the day I hot ripped away from my one love.

Even though I had seen him months later on Bad Wolf Bay beach, that didn't count as closure. He wasn't even there.

The Doctor's last words to me were haunting.

"Rose Tyler, I -"

Of course I knew what he should've said, but hearing was what I needed.

I thought back months ago to when, once again, The Doctor couldn't tell me those three words.

That was when I met my husband. I call him The Doctor, but his full name is Meta-crisis Doctor.

The funny thing. When The "actual" Doctor and I said goodbye then, it was on Bad Wolf Bay beach once again.

I looked over at my husband, sleeping soundly. When he was awake, he looked and talked like The Doctor. He even loved me in a way that The Doctor never could.

But still, it will never be the same.

"Sweetie," I said shaking my husband awake.

"Yeh?" He grunted groggily.

"I had the dream again," I notified him.

"Oh Rose..." He looked at me sadly, "I'm sorry, darling."

Doctor hugged me holding my head to his chest. He planted a soft kiss on the top of my head. Though it made me feel warm inside and out, there can never be anything that can make me forget that day.

"What can we do to rid you of these terrible dreams?" The Doctor asked me.

I thought for a second for a minute before I said the same words I have said five years ago.

"Take me back."