Chapter Six

Hi. I've been feeling a bit sad lately, so would it be too much to ask for you to leave me a nice comment to cheer me up? Thanks.

So here's the next chapter and I hope you like it!

Vomment and fan!

-BB

•••••••••••••••

Chapter 6

"Rose, be safe," my mum said, her hand on my cheek. I nodded weakly, knowing very well that I might never see her again.

"I'll miss you, Mum," I said, my eyes starting to water. I saw her swallow back tears as she forced a smile.

Just then it dawned on me what a strong woman she was. She had seen me leave thousands of times, never knowing if I'd be back. She always put up a fight, but my leaving never destroyed her. She went on with life normally, as she knew I would want her to.

"The Doctor's waiting," she said, nodding in the direction of the TARDIS. I didn't turn around, but instead hugged her and whispered in her ear, "I love you, Mommy."

"Love you too, Rose," she said, her voice shaking.

I pulled away and looked at her for a moment before turning around and walking towards the TARDIS. I looked back once more before I closed the door behind me.

Mum was gone. She had gone back into the house and I didn't blame her.

I shut the door and walked up the ramp to the TARDIS consul.

I focused my attention on flicking a switch (one that I knew wouldn't do any damage) back and forth, distracting myself from the lump that was growing in my stomach.

I felt an arm slip around my shoulders, hugging me tightly.

The Doctor kissed the top of my head. "Your mum will be okay, Rose."

"I know. She's always okay," I replied, half-hearted.

The Doctor nodded, knowing not to press any further.

"Now let's say we go to another universe?!" He exclaimed, making a smile break out on my face.

"How?"

"We've got to fly straight into the weakest part of the universe," he said, "...the Medusa Cascade."

"That's where Gallifrey is," I remembered.

"Yes, but Gallifrey is in a safer part of the Cascade. Where we're going...well there's a chance, a very slim one but still a chance...that we won't make it."

I nodded, showing my understanding, though I couldn't help but gulp. I had always know that dying was always a possibility, but the thought of it actually happening. Dying. It was so permanent, and that scared me most of all. I wasn't afraid of the act of dying, per say, I was more afraid of not living, if that makes any sense.

"Are you ready Rose, because I am going to need your help," the Doctor checked.

"Yup. I'm ready."

"Then Rose Tyler, I'm taking you back home," he smiled, and pulled down hard on one lever.

I felt the familiar lurch that meant the TARDIS was dematerializing.

I did my part to help the Doctor for about a minute, but then I felt us slow down. We weren't stopped, I knew that feeling. We were drifting.

"Doctor, what happened?" I asked uneasily.

"I want to show you something, Rose," he smiled over at me.