Chapter Seven

I'm not a huge fan of this chapter, but it's been ages since I posted and I needed to get something up. I wish I could have been more focused on this as Im sorry for the way it turned out. I think only one or two more chapter until the end.

But still, it you like it, vomment (yes, I'm aware it sound like vomit. I couldn't care less) an fan me for better stories than this one ;)

-BB

***********************

Chapter 7

The first step on Earth was strange, but not as strange as I would have liked it to be. I felt at home.

I was glad to be back.

I wandered around London for a while. Nobody seemed to notice me. I fit in perfectly. I suppose it was because I was from here, but I still felt it should be different, as I had lived in a whole different universe for eight years of my life.

I suppose that it felt strange because life here kept on turning, though all I cared about was gone.

I wondered if I counted as an alien. Yes, I was from here, but I hadn't been a citizen in years. I was suppose I be dead. I was from another universe. But it was the same planet... Did that make me an extra terrestrial?

I didn't look any different from when I was twenty years old, though I was now thirty. Part of the gift of the TARDIS was not showing age as prominently as others.

Over the next few days, I got a small flat. I hoped I wouldn't need it for too long, but with the Doctor, there was no telling when he would be back. I decided not to meet up with friends, as I had recalled that I had been put on the list of the dead after Torchwood. I wasn't even sure if they had stayed in London or if they had died theirselves from one if the many alien attacks in London. One thing I knew was that there might not be anyone here to miss me.

Not yet anyway.

It was a sunny day, or it started out as one. I was sitting behind the shop counter.

It was a variety store, really. We sold a bit of everything. There was a girl who came in. She asked about tech support, since we sold computers. I told her that I wasn't really qualified to help with any issues if the sort.

Then an idea crossed my mind.

If I gave her the Doctor's number, he would wonder how she got it, come looking for her, and that would bring him back to London.

So with a bright face, I told the girl with moussy brown hair the number for the TARDIS. Now all I had to do was wait.

I followed her around, for a bit anyway. I lost her trail after a couple of miles. I got very discouraged, thinking that she could live anywhere. She could be far away or she could be one street over. I would have no way of knowing.

But that wasn't important, because I heard the noise. The TARDIS noise. Not my TARDIS, but the Doctor's. Anyone else would take it as a normal noise in the busy city, but I knew better.

I ran after the screeching breaks of the best ship in the universe. Mine might have been the same, but it hadn't seen a quarter of the things that the original TARDIS had.

I had run two blocks before I saw the blue box standing outside of a nice suburban house.

That was where I hesitated.

How much time had passed for him? How old was he now? How many companions had he gone through. What had happened to them? Who was his new one?

Did he look at her the same way he used to look at me?