Breaking Old Habits

Shane found the bathroom Grant was hiding in and quietly knocked on the door.

"Grant?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah...?" Grant's shaky voice said.

"Will you let me in, please?"

"I... don't know..."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, just...."

"Did something I said trigger something?"

"M-maybe...."

"I'm so sorry, is there any way I can help you feel better?"

"Can I.... talk about it.... with you...?"

"Of course, will you let me in or do you want to talk from the door?"

"I'll.... let you in...."

The lock clicked and the door opened, revealing Grant's red face from crying and the fact that he was covering his fat as best he could. His pants were pulled up as far as possible and his shirt was pulled down as far as possible. Shane followed Grant to the corner he had been sitting in, sitting a comfortable distance away from Grant.

"What did I say that bothered you?" Shane asked politely.

"When you called me... um... obese.... it brought up stuff..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know...."

"My mom used that word as only a bad thing, and it made me feel terrible about myself.... even when I wasn't as heavy as I am now...."

"So you, naturally, felt terrible about your weight when I said it,"

"....yeah...."

"I really didn't mean it that way, I just want you to feel good about yourself again. If that means losing weight for right now, I'm ok with that. Also, if you want me not to use that word again, I won't."

"I... don't want to lose weight," Grant said, becoming a little more confident, "a-and I don't want you to stop calling me... obese,"

"Why not, if I may ask?"

"I need to break my.... old habits, all the leftovers from my.... childhood...."

Grant pulled his belly out from its hiding place in his pants and set it on his lap, running a pudgy hand over it.

"I think the thoughts that made me run away from you and hide weren't mine," he said quietly.

"How so?"

"Well, because every time I'm with you, whether I'm eating or snuggling or whatever, I don't think about my weight as a negative.... but when I hear something my mom used to say to attack me when I was a child, I think about it and its..... repulsive all of a sudden..."

"Are you.... willing to tell me some of the other things she said so I can help you past what they make you think?"

"Um... well... she used to say that... um... if I got any fatter she'd... abandon me...."

"What thoughts appear in your mind when you hear that?"

"It makes me think I'm worthless and that I don't deserve love..."

"You do deserve love, everyone does. And to me, Grant, you're worth more than everything I have combined, ok? I love you with all my heart and I want you to be happy, no matter what that means. What the world thinks about our relationship doesn't matter. As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

"Thank you, Shane..."

"I want to nurture you, build you up and help you get through any hardship you face, and I see my love right in front of me. I may have been selfish to ask you to get fat for me, but I think we've gotten closer than any other people I've seen through this." Shane picked up Grant's belly and squeezed it lightly. "Helping you gain weight, spoiling you and loving you has given me new life, a new purpose I didn't know I had, and I want to know if I should continue."

Grant grabbed Shane and squeezed him tight, hugging him with all his energy and affection. He cried into his boyfriend's shoulder, unable to contain himself any longer.

"I love you so much, Shane, please don't stop what you've been doing, I love it so much... sometimes I just have doubts from my past, and I'm sorry for not talking through it with you sooner," Grant said emotionally, "but I was afraid of what you would say if I said I still held on to stuff from seven years ago because it was just that big a part of my life..."

"I don't blame you for not wanting to tell me, if I was in the same situation I would do the same thing."

"Will you come with me to my family gatherings? They always invite me, even if just to poke fun at me..."

"Of course! I'll tell them what's what when they start picking on you, ok?"

"Thank you," Grant said, smiling a little. "now, can you feed me something extra fattening? I want to feel full and heavy again..."

He stretched and the shirt he was wearing perched on top of his love handles and belly when he put his thick arms down. He then scratched his chins and yawned, using Shane as a way to stand up.

"Of course," Shane said, "I can't resist a chance to feed you!"

While walking, Shane found the chance to enjoy the smaller aspects of his boyfriend, like his double chin that swallowed his neck.

"Have I told you how adorable your double chin is?"

"No,"

"Well, there's a first time for everything," Shane said. "it looks so soft and fluffy, and I love how it takes up your whole neck~"

"You're the first person to tell me that you like the fact that my neck is hidden by fat," Grant said, smiling and blushing lightly.

"And I love how your cheeks look full all the time now, jiggly and soft,"

"Thank you!"

"Your thighs are so cute, jiggling as they rub together... you couldn't have a thigh gap if you tried!"

Grant just smiled, looking at Shane with an expression of genuine love. Shane then reached out for Grant's hand, holding it as they walked. Grant blushed bright red and kissed Shane on the cheek, making him blush as well. They walked into the kitchens and Grant asked Fiona to make a double bowl of fried shrimp pasta for him.

"You got it!" she said.

"Thank you!" Grant replied.

Grant and Shane sat down nearby and Shane grabbed the hem of Grant's shirt.

"W-what are you doing?" Grant asked.

"Sorry," Shane said, blushing, "I wanted to take your shirt off,"

"O-oh, o-ok,"

Shane carefully took off Grant's shirt, hanging it over the chair. He then delicately squished Grant's belly and hugged him.

"You're so soft, Grant~"

"O-oh, t-thank you..."

Shane kissed Grant's chest, laying against him like he was a pillow.

"I love you so much~ thank you for letting me help you gain weight~" Shane said lovingly, almost drifting off to sleep in Grant's arms.

"I love you too~ thank you for helping me realize who I am~" Grant replied.

When the bowl- well, more like a vat honestly- of pasta was brought to them, Shane immediately came out of his trance and got off of Grant so he could feed him.

"Ready?" Shane asked.

"You bet," Grant said happily.

Shane gently fed Grant the rich pasta, letting him enjoy every bite. Grant happily ate it, enjoying how heavy it felt in his belly and how rich and fatty it was.

The next morning, Grant woke up before Shane and went to the mirror to... admire himself. He was finally finding comfort and happiness in his weight, loving himself for it instead of beating himself up. He was still shirtless from the night before, so he looked at his body and decided that, when at home, he wouldn't wear a top. His hands explored the rest of his plump body, squeezing each fat roll and tracing stretch marks.

For the first time in a long time, Grant...

Smiled at his figure.