𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

Yesterday after meeting Childe I didn't want to see anyone anymore so I stayed in my room and went to sleep. I was woken up by the Balladeer who seemed a lot more balanced than usual.

I yawned. "Good morning Balladeer." He smiled at me. Yes, he smiled. Damn. "Tonight the ball will take place." he proclaimed to me. I nodded knowingly, but then thought about who to go with.

"Will you go there with me?" I asked him while playing with my fingers and his laughter broke out immediately.

My face turned red. "If you had asked me that yesterday, I could have said yes." he said calmly after he had finished laughing. "You really would have gone with me?" i asked in shock.

"Childe wouldn't have liked that...so yeah, I would have gone with you. And I mean you're pretty cute too. They'd all be jealous." I was confused by his personality. First he was nice, then he hit me, and now he's flirting with me?

"Do you think Jian would go with me?" the balladeer nodded, "he was going to ask you anyway." After a short pause he continued, "Please take care." Then he left my room.

I got out of bed and got dressed when there was a knock at the door. "Goodness..." I murmured before inviting the visitor in.

Jian stuck his head in my room "hey little one!" he chirped as he walked in. "Morning." I just muttered.

Somehow I felt weird. He walked over to me and put his hands on my hips, but I pushed him away from me. "I don't think that's a good idea, look at your wounds." He had a few burns on his arms that were probably caused by electroshocks. His cheek bone was bruised.

"Oh, I don't give a fuck about that guy. I want you." Again he put his hands on my hips and pressed me with his body against the wall. "Jian." I warned. "C'mon, just one kiss."

"Let go of me right now, after all I' still with him." I hissed. Disappointed, with an almost angry expression, he let go of me. "Actually, I wanted to ask if you wanted to accompany me to the ball, but I almost think that you wouldn't want that at all." he murmured.

"If you keep your hands off me." His face beamed with joy, but also with something else. "You go with me?" I nodded and smiled softly.

"Then I shall now retire and get ready."

—————————

I was nervous, Ajax would freak out for sure. I played with my hands and looked at myself in the mirror. "Little one, you look fantastic!" the servants chirped.

At the end of my half-up hairstyle, I was put on a tiara

At the end of my half-up hairstyle, I was put on a tiara. It was wonderful. "Master Tartaglia wanted you to wear it." A servant explained to me.
"Then I don't want to wear it."

The servants were taken aback. "Honey he had it made especially for you..." "I don't want it," I snapped as I yanked it off my head.

Then Jian knocked. "It's about time... woah" his jaw dropped. "You look amazing."

"Thank you," I chirped as I walked up to him and linked my arm with him. We strutted into the ballroom with all eyes on us. Also Ajax. We walked up to the Tsaritsa and bowed. She flashed me a warm smile, much to my surprise.

Then Jian turned to me and bowed, he asked me to dance. I grabbed his hand and he led me onto the dance floor. The blond put his right hand on my hip, with his left he held my right.

He pulled me close, a grin spread across his face as he twirled me to the beat. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ajax watching me.

partner change. On the next spin, Jian let go of me and another man caught me. It was the balladeer. His hand rested on my hip. "You look very pretty." he whispered in my ear. "Thanks" I gave him a smile.

"You're shaking." he remarked "are you cold?" I nodded and he pulled me closer, rubbing his hand gently over one of my arms. In fact I was just nervous.

"Oh, there was something." He looked a bit worried. Was he worried about me? "Be prepared for who is expecting you next." Crap. I had a premonition.

Partner Change.

I was turned backwards into the arms of a masked elderly man.

My heart was beating wildly against my chest and I felt a little uneasy. "Nice to see you again, Principessa." My lip started to tremble and my eyes got a little wet, but I said in a confident voice. "You could at least have bothered to write a letter, Lorenzo."

=====✧=====
"I've finally got you back..."
=====✧=====

I hope y'all like it so far!