𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

"How is your mother?" he asked and i scoffed "how is she supposed to be after you left us in such a way?". "Principessa, please..."

"I'm not a child anymore, father." Lorenzo shuttled me to the music and I felt tears forming in my eyes. "Y/N, can you forgive me?" I trembled and my lip quivered.

"I know that I have hurt you." His eyes, his eyes of gold Mother always said I had his eyes. "But I hope you can forgive me someday." It was too complicated.

"What does your wife say about your adultery?" I snapped at him as I glanced at the tsaritsa. "When she found that out, I had a blade stuck between my ribs." Of course, what did he expect. For years she tolerated a servant's child in her palace, only to find out that her husband is the father.

"She put up with it, after all it was her idea to bring you back. She was always very fond of you." I could even believe him. Whenever I felt lonely, the Tsaritsa often paid me a visit.

"Wait..." I widened my eyes "so Ajax were just following the Tsaritsa's plan? All along?" I was shaking, just before a breakdown. "She just wanted him to protect you, but when she heard what he had done, she wasn't too thrilled."

"I'm sorry..." I wiped a tear from my face and rushed to the door, Jian was with me immediately. "What happened?"

"I met my father." I said with a shaking voice, Jian put an arm around me. I haven't seen him for almost 6 years and he just expects me to forgive him?

Maybe one day I'll forgive him but I need some more time.

Jian led me to his room and I walked in quietly. "Jian... I need to talk to you." I stood by the window with my arms crossed but looked outside. "About what?" He was unsure, but you could almost hear him smiling.

"Is it true what Ajax says?" I whispered, but it was loud enough for him to hear. Jian locked the door. As I turned, he suddenly stood right in front of me and I gasped in a breath. "What do you mean?" he whispered.

"Don't believe this idiot everything." he murmured as his fingers ran through my hair. I was rooted to the spot when he grabbed my neck. "Jian..." I trembled. He gripped my wrists and kissed me.

"Why would I want to hurt you?" he asked softly, his expression hurt and i nodded "Whatever..."

"Perhaps the old me wouldn't." Suddenly, I felt the cold blade of a knife across my back, the color drained from my face, and my eyes widened. "You're so naive." he whispered in my ear.

"You almost disappoint me. I would have expected more fights from you." My lip quivered. "Why are you doing that?"

"You wanna know why?" He laughed as he roughly threw me onto his bed and got on top of me, the knife still in his hand. "The doctor wants his experiment back!" The point of the knife cut through the bandage on my arm where an old wound was hiding underneath.

My veins were light blue at this point, almost white. "An experiment..." I repeated. Jian nodded, the knife slowly wandered from my neck over my chest. "You cannot control your ability." I didn't understand how he knew that, about the experiment... He reached out for the gemstone that was hanging from my waist and played with it. "Just a useless item to hide what you are"