Rising Like a Phoenix

Amicia felt her heart hammering as she was pulled out of the room. Suddenly she heard Lucas screaming a warning. They must have removed his gag just to torture both of them further. Sick bastards. Her heart was breaking and she hated to see Lucas in such a state. She glanced at the Captain, anger coursing through her veins. YOU ARE A DEAD MAN. The absolute devastation in her husband's eyes were enough to make her lose it then and there. She hadn't been able to even look him in the eye after the initial observation or risk losing her resolve.

Be careful, Amicia. This part is key.

It felt like she was being dragged into the belly of an evil beast as they passed hall after hall. Walking past a guard, the Captain stopped. "Watch this hall. And whatever you hear coming from that room, don't concern yourself."

The guard nodded, and Amicia felt a cold shiver run down her spine.

"Yes, Captain."

"That's the spirit! If you're good, I may even let you have a turn."

Her stomach lurched as the guard's eyes passed over her briefly. "Very good, Captain. Enjoy."

Bastards, you're all dead.

The Captain shoved her into a sparse room with only a few torches lit, locking the door behind them. "Can't have any interruptions now can we?" He threw the key across the room.

She stood facing him, back rigid hands still tied behind her back. "Do what you must. Just promise me you'll free my husband."

"Your husband claimed I was a dead man if I but touched you. But it seems he was wrong about you. Of course, I know you're still dangerous even without weapons. I'm going to take care of that right now."

He untied her hands, holding them in place and pushed her against a beam tying her hands up behind her with some rope that hung from above. "Scared of a woman, Captain?" She mocked as both hands were strung up above her.

Slapping her across the face, she saw stars. "Not scared. Just smart. You've slipped out of our hands once before. I won't be allowing that again."

Looking him in the eyes, she no longer hid her hatred. "You still underestimate me."

He slapped her again and grabbed her face, kissing her roughly, making it hard for her to breathe. The thought of failure briefly passed in her mind's eyes, and she couldn't stomach what would happen if she failed. She couldn't move her head, but that didn't matter. This could still work.

He pulled back and she glared at him. "Oh I like that look in your eyes. Makes this all the more satisfying."

"You're a terrible kisser."

"For you perhaps. But I'm quite enjoying this. Let me show you what a real man is like." Pulling off his jacket, he threw it to the side and gripped her from behind making her grimace in pain.

Letting go, he ripped her shirt open. Amicia felt naked in more ways than one as his eyes roamed, his mouth practically frothing. Standing back to appreciate her, she felt like throwing up as his eyes gleamed wickedly. He touched her stomach with his filthy hands leaving blood from her husband and dirt down to her navel. "Noble ladies really are built differently."

He then grabbed her head tighter making sure she couldn't headbutt him, and she knew she had to work fast. He also had her pinned against the beam so she couldn't kick him where it hurt. She saw his knife was still on him. Good.

"Before long, I won't need the restraints. Eventually you'll obey me of your own accord. But first I must loosen you up."

He was starting to roughly pull down her breeches and she felt cool air down below. Don't panic. Keep calm, Amicia. Just pretend to go with it.