Adventure on the High Seas

Five Years Later

Amicia breathed in the sea air and sighed, closing her eyes. How she loved the sea. It was something she had discovered while on her first voyage with Hugo, and she had never forgotten the feeling. It was nice to be on a ship not being chased nor having her life in imminent danger. Of course, she and Sophia had had their own adventures after Hugo died, but as much as she loved it, Amicia wasn't able to stay on the sea due to her own mission. Today the skies were clear with a bright sun shining onto the blue waves. The spray would occasionally hit Amicia, making her sigh happily.

Sophia had informed her about rumors that had been circling around for quite some time now about a master blacksmith who could create doors and locks out of anything. And this magic man was apparently hiding on one of the islands in the Mediterranean. According to Sophia's sources, he was the brother of Rodric's father, who had created that massive door for the university library many years ago. His name was Severin, and he had been hiding from the Inquisition for many years. Sophia's information web was truly awe inspiring given this man had barely talked to anyone and didn't have any friends they knew of. 

This made Amicia think about her old friend. Oh how she missed Rodric, even if he had been literally bull headed sometimes. He had reminded her of herself in many ways, which is probably why they got along so well. His sacrifice had been one of the tougher losses for the whole team, not just herself. It had probably hurt Hugo the most though. Rodric had been like a big brother to him. 

"Hey, Amicia! Look at this!"

She turned to see Sophia walking up with Amicia's two year old son, Jean-Luc, running ahead of her. The little boy looked the spitting image of his father, except for perhaps more angled features and slightly lighter brown hair. Thankfully no black veins in sight. "Well, hello, sailor!"

The little boy laughed and said "up, up, up, Mommy!" Jean-Luc wanted a view of the sea from a higher station. 

Amicia picked him up and kissed the top of his head. His expressive eyes were locked on the sea though. 

"He's a natural. Did you see him running on deck? It's only been a week, and he's already got the hang of his sea legs!" Sophia bragged like the proud godparent she was.

"That's because he takes after his mother and godmother." Lucas laughed coming up to stand with them, six year old Felicite on his shoulders. He glanced at Amicia, winking at her. Her heart did a little flip as she watched him carry their oldest. The two were thick as thieves. 

Seventeen year old Gia came over to stand with them as well, her waist long braid blowing in the breeze, her amber eyes filled with the excitement of the sea. She had become so helpful over the last few years, and Amicia was so very thankful she had saved her life six years ago. She was practically another daughter now. Though Gia insisted she wasn't worthy of being their official daughter. "Lady Amicia seems to be able to do everything! She could be a captain if she wanted!"

"Amicia lives for the sea, I agree." Sophia nodded in concurrence. "What about you, Felicite?"

Felicite looked thoughtful up on her father's shoulders. Her hair was in a little braid with a blue ribbon intwined within the braid, and her bright blue eyes twinkled. "I suppose I like the sea. Not as much as Mommy, but it's still enjoyable."

Sophia smiled at Amicia with laughter in her eyes. Felicite wasn't as adventurous as her mother, where as it looked like Jean-Luc was going to be more of a handful. "I'll take that answer. But I'll make you a sea lover yet, Felicite!"

Felicite giggled and Lucas brought her down from his shoulders so she could join Sophia at the bow. Sophia told her what direction they were going and about how fast they were taveling. "We may only have a day or two more till we reach Corsica! It's a beautiful island! Very big!"

A Bond Greater Than Familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें