13 - Pool

When we made it to the backyard, the first thing I noticed was that there was a ridiculously large pool. The second thing I noticed was that no one was in it.

I gazed at the pool with a longing look in my eyes. Malcolm immediately followed my gaze.

"Don't even think abou—"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence, as I'd already done a cannonball into the pool.

I emerged from the water with a happy smile and sleeked back my wet curls. Andre and Malcolm were already standing at the foot of the pool, and both were sporting exasperated yet amused looks.

"I couldn't resist it," I unapologetically grinned.

They both laughed at me before outstretching their hands to help me up. I began to concoct a plan in my head, and with an evil grin on my face, I grabbed both of their hands and dragged them into the pool.

"My hair," Malcolm let out a high-pitched scream.

"My clothes," Andre howled.

"I can't believe people call you guys bad boys," I giggled, splashing the pair of them. "You're such babies."

The two of them shared a look, and I squealed as they began to splash me, practically drowning me in water.

"Hey, two on one, no fair," I laughed.

They continued the splash attack anyway, until—

"So this is what you three get up to when I'm not around."

I froze and looked up at Elias' familiar deep voice.

He looked the same as ever, although I noticed he had a split lip. I wondered if it was new, or if it was there before and I simply hadn't noticed. Considering it didn't look fresh, I chose the latter.

"This is all Daisy's fault," Malcolm pointed the finger. "She's the one that pulled us into the pool."

"I would never do such a thing," I innocently gasped, widening my eyes.

"Oh, fuck off," Malcolm splashed me again.

I giggled. Meanwhile, Elias rolled his eyes at our antics before outstretching his hand and effortlessly pulling me out of the pool. I noticed his eyes darkened as he surveyed my appearance, though he quickly looked away and began to walk off.

"Hey, why'd you help her up and not us," Malcolm shouted.

I stuck my tongue out at him before following after Elias. I didn't have to look back to know that Malcolm and Andre were behind me, as I could hear their wet footsteps.

Elias took a seat on one of the outdoor couches. Slightly stumbling over my feet, I collapsed next to him.

"You're drunk," he realized.

"You're stupid."

He gave me a look.

"What? I thought we were just stating the obvious," I smiled.

He rolled his dark eyes. "That mouth of your's is gonna get you in trouble one day."

"By who? You?" I scoffed. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Don't bite off more than you can chew, darling," his cool, minty breath fanned my face as he whispered.

Goosebumps arose on my arms as we maintained tense eye contact. Malcolm suddenly sat next to me, causing me to release my breath and look away.

"Why'd you guys let her drink so much?" Elias asked.

Andre, who was leaning on a pillar, pointed a finger at Malcolm.