Chapter One: Team Minato

Warning: This is not the worst book I've ever written, but I personally think that it is very cringey since I wrote it in middle school. However, many people still like it , so I am just leaving this book up as is. If you prefer a deeper, more well thought-out Kakashi book, I would read my other book HIRAETH.

Edited: 161025

Chapter One

Team Minato

"You called me, Sarutobi-sama," I said after bowing respectively to Konoha's Sandaime.

"Indeed," he replied calmly, igniting his pipe with a little jutsu of his before getting to the point. "I want you to learn the Rasengan from Minato."

I looked at the Hokage, confusion plastered across my face, "But I thought the jutsu was unique to him alone . . .?"

Sandaime sighed, "It's just the matter of liability. Every A-ranked jutsu in Konoha must be documented and learned as soon as possible. Especially in case something were to happen to the original user, Konoha would still have the trick up its sleeve."

"I see," I replied, nodding my head. It was reasonable.

"Also, if Minato's team is to go on missions at any given moment, you will go on the missions with them and help them in the things they would regularly do as a team," he added.

"Yes, sir," I smiled, bowing once more respectively before teleporting outside the building. "Damn . . . The rasengan? This is going to be fun."

I woke up at nine in the morning that day to meet my new team. I didn't understand why I needed to join the team to just learn the rasengan. I was a certified jonin who'd been on a plethora of missions before. Learning one jutsu just didn't seem necessary for me to join the team.

I sighed. Whatever the Hokage wanted, I supposed.

I changed into my usual attire—a small pack of weapons and tiny supplies strapped around my left thigh, my Konoha headband on my forehead, a plain black T-shirt, and navy blue ninja sweatpants. Though, sometimes, if I was on a mission, then I would just wear a long-sleeved shirt and flak jacket.

After dressing and eating breakfast, I ambled outside towards the training grounds enjoying the fresh morning air and chirping of birds.

It wasn't long before I reached the training grounds.

"Hey there, Sato Sayaka, right?" A golden blonde man asked in a sweet voice.

"Yeah, hello, Minato-sensei," I replied, almost missing a beat for the right ending. He was my sensei now after all.

He smiled, giving me a thumbs up. What a quiet man.

"Who's she?" asked an old-looking boy. Well, not exactly old looking, but . . . grey haired, which basically makes him old looking.

"Who's the old man?" I asked, slightly raising an eyebrow. I knew him of course. Hatake Kakashi. Son of the White Fang. There was barely anyone in town he didn't know of his name.

"Who? You?" the boy replied curtly. He must have been tired of hearing the same joke over and over again from classmates and such. Oops.

"Can't take a joke?" I teased.

"Tch," he snorted through his mask.

"Sorry, sorry," I quickly apologized. I didn't want to make enemies on the first day. What teamwork would that be.