Chapter Thirty-Three: The Man Named Tobi

The Man Named Tobi

Sayaka’s Point of View

            It wasn’t long thereafter until I was called to the Hokage’s office. Now walking down the hallways, I knocked on his door.

            “Come in,” the Hokage stated, most likely knowing that it was me.

            I genuflected before him, before standing, hands lay firm by me.

            “Kakashi and Genma already left for their mission a few hours ago,” he stated, a puff of smoke was released from his mouth. “And, it is now your turn to be notified of your task . . . Sayaka.”

            The room was dark and dimly lit. It was still past midnight . . . the time when evil usually strikes . . .

            “Your mission is to gather more information about the so-called organization named the Akatsuki . . . I wish you luck . . .” He began his speech. “Here is a scroll containing all the information we have concerning them, which is not much . . .”

            “It’s fine,” I assured him. “I can do anything without the need of that much information.”

            “That is all,” he sighed, before smiling. “Good luck, my dear.”

            I chuckled, “Thank you . . . I’ll do my best.”

            At that, I bowed to him, clenched fist at my heart . . . before leaving for home to gather all the materials I needed for such a long, and tedious mission.

~*~*~*~

            After I had gathered my necessities, which were some extra clothing, a thin blanket, some money, hair ties, a few small, handy notebooks, a few pens, a first aid kit, a few sets of kunai and shuriken, and a katana was strapped at the side of my backpack. Meanwhile, I wore a dark grey turtleneck, a flak jacket loaded with the needed weapons, the regular ninja sweatpants, kneecaps and waist were wrapped in bandages, and a silver locket containing a picture of my parents in once flap, a picture of Kakashi in another, a picture of me, and a group photo of Minato, Obito, Rin, Kakashi, and me when we were younger . . . in the golden days . . .

            It wasn’t much longer later that I exited the gates of Konoha to journey outwards . . .

            From what the scroll read, it pretty much summarized that there were some suspicions concerning the organization so-called “Akatsuki.” They were apparently thieves of some sort, and were related to some assassinations of various notorious bad guys . . . and benevolent leaders of society from all nations. Not only did they kill some famous leaders and tacticians from the Konoha, they also were connected to the disappearances of various authorities of different groups and other organizations.