Chapter Thirty-One: The Next Timeline

Chapter Thirty-One

The Next Timeline

Kakashi’s Point of View

            The tension among all of us ninjas lay shrouded in a crimson veil of chakra . . . and uncertainty. Suddenly, a pang of pain flared throughout my body. This feeling . . . it was as if I had a sixth sense . . . The feeling as if someone endearing . . . was either in great agony or suffering.

            “Commander Yuhi!” a messenger ninja yelled. “Hokage Namikaze Minato has just passed! The Third has risen up to the position once again! The child is a son! Godfather is Sandaime Jirayia!”

            “No . . .” I murmured quietly as Sayaka beside me broke down to the ground. “No . . .”

            “What . . . you’re serious?” Sayaka stared into blank space, her eyes wrinkled . . . furrowed . . .

            After a few moments of complete silence, the crowd of young ninjas erupted in shouts and hollers.

            “That’s not possible!” someone shouted from the mass.

            Someone chuckled nervously, “Are you kidding us?”

            “No freaking way!” one yelled.

            “Kami, no!” someone else clamored.

            “Stop immediately!” Commander Yuhi bellowed, and after a few moments, the only sounds that were heard were the cries of the animals . . . and the tears that swept down like falling rain from our faces.

~*~*~*~

            After I had escorted Sayaka to my apartment, I sat down next to her, placing my arms around her shoulders. She was spacing out. Her eyes were blank, like black marbles that were placed in mannequin or a doll.

            “Sayaka,” I said her name softly, yet firm. “Are you okay?”

            It wasn’t until a minute later that she replied, “Um, yeah, I’m fine.”

            “Would you like to visit Rin and Obito with me this time around?” I asked her—an offer.

            “Um, yeah, sure,” she spoke uncertainly. “I’ll go.”

            I stood up first, offering my hand to her, and she took it, standing up as well. I unlocked my front door. Stepping outside, Sayaka went along with me. As we ambled through the saddened and empty streets, I noticed that a two young Uchiha boys were sitting in front of their porch.