Chapter Thirteen: Not Again . . .

Chapter Thirteen

Not Again . . .

            A few months later, Kakashi and Rin were sent to Kirigakure while Minato and I were to stay on guard in Konoha. Kakashi and I were and had been preparing to become ANBU for some time now and were always excited when we came to talk of it. We were always training, talking, and meeting together that people started to think that we were together. Not true, as you can see. Kakashi and I were just . . . good friends. I knew that Rin had quit her feelings for Kakashi and had moved on to remember only Obito.

            I had been having these strange feelings for Kakashi lately, like a little missing thump of my heart or sudden yearnings to see Kakashi. We were still just fourteen. Our birthdays had passed some time ago and it was quite moderate temperature here in Konoha even though it was pretty much still winter. And to say that it was only a few months ago that Obito died . . . Tragic.

            Minato and I were currently taking the places of some entrance guards who took a break for the month. Kakashi and Rin were sent away for about over a week now, and Minato and I were getting quite anxious. Where on earth were they?

            “Minato, when do you think they’ll be back?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

            “Hm . . . I actually don’t know, Sayaka,” Minato answered honestly.

            “Ah, I see . . .” I responded.

            “So . . . I do believe that our shift is over, so . . . shall I treat you dinner at my place? Kushina would love to have you over some time . . . She hasn’t seen you since the funeral . . . of . . . you know . . .” Minato trailed off.

            “Sure, what is it? Ramen?” I rolled my eyes at sensei playfully.

            “Ah . . . maybe,” sensei winked. “I don’t really care what it is as long as it’s Kushina’s cooking.”

            “So you . . .” I sighed as two other guards came to take their shift.

            “Later, Karai, Shugizu,” Minato waved to the guards as we left the front, main gate.

            “Well, when should I come over?” I asked sensei.

            “How about in an hour . . . at six,” Minato suggested.

            “Sure,” I beamed in return. “Well, then, I’ll just go home and get ready before I come over. Um . . . awkward question . . . should I just wear something casual or ninja attire?”

            “Just something you usually or normally wear,” Minato waved it off. “Later, then . . . Sayaka.”

            “Bye, sensei,” I smiled back as I returned home to shower.