Chapter Sixteen: Worth

Chapter Sixteen

Worth

Kakashi’s Point of View

            I was sitting on Minato-sensei’s peach-colored couch. Waiting for the cue if I could see and talk to Sayaka privately about Rin. Waiting for hours was a drag, I had to admit, but it was all worth it . . . or at least I hope so . . . for once . . . in my life . . . I felt like I had to protect someone . . . and that someone was Sayaka. The girl who was always there for me was her.

            At that moment, Minato-sensei came down, his face, grim.

            “You can go up now, Kakashi,” Minato-sensei said, forcing a smile. “She’s alright now.”

            “Hai,” I replied as I quickly dashed up the stairs to greet Sayaka again.

            As I gently opened the door, sunlight rays fell onto me. She looked like an angel. My tenshi. She was wearing an immaculate white bedtime dress as she looked outside the window.

            “Sayaka?” I asked, looking at her.

            “Hm?” she said softly, looking behind her. “Oh, Kakashi.”

            I slowly walked up step by step to her bed as I sat down in the chair next to her and laid my head down on the blanket to cry endlessly.

            “Shh . . . Kakashi . . . itto desu daijoubu,” Sayaka said, caressing my hair with her soft hands.

            “Gomenasai,” I cried, tears falling.

            “Sh . . . Kakashi, you look as if you haven’t slept at all,” she said gently.

            “Gomenasai . . . gomenasai . . . gomen . . .” I kept saying, tears still falling.

            “It’s okay . . . it’s okay . . . Kakashi . .  it’s okay . . .” she kept comforting me. “Watashi wa anata wo yurushi masu. I forgive you . . .”

            “How? Why?” I asked immediately.

            “I can never hate you, Kakashi,” she told me warmly. “I never can.”

            “I . . . feel so worthless compared to you . . . and for that . . . I promise you that I will protect you with my life at all costs. I promise,” I swore by Kami’s name.

            “You are worth more than you realize. You are worth more than the sky. Don't let anyone bring you down in any way. Don't let one person hinder your talents and skills. You are special, and you are worth it. You are worth more in a lifetime than you know it,” she said so wisely and so well, that I cried even harder.

            “Lies,” I said, shaking her harder and harder by the moment, but then became less and less to none. “Lies . . . I let Obito to die . . . I even vowed to protect Rin only to see her die as well by my own Raikiri!”

            “Kakashi . . . are you tired?” she said, looking at the window to catch a glimpse of the last rays of light leaking from the source of light itself- the sun.

            “H-hai . . .” Kakashi said, looking up at me.

            “Then fall asleep . . .” she smiled.

            “No! I can’t just do that! I still want to-“ I was cut off short by a melodic voice.

Oh! hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us,

And black are the waters that sparkled so green.

The moon, o'er the combers, looks downward to find us

At rest in the hollows that rustle between.

Where billow meets billow, then soft be thy pillow;

Ah, weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease!

The storm shall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee,

Asleep in the arms of the slow-swinging seas . . .

Where billow meets billow, then soft be thy pillow;

Ah, weary wee flippering, curl at they ease!

The storm shall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee,

                           Asleep in the arms of the slow-swinging seas . . .”

I kept hearing her sing her melodic voice and song as I slowly and gradually succumbed to my sleep.

            “Aishiteiru . . . Sayaka . . .” I said too soft for her to hear as I slept.

~*~*~*~

Gomen (nasai)- sorry; an apologization

Itto desu daijoubu- it's alright

Watashi wa anata wo yurushi masu- I forgive you . . .

Aishiteiru- I love you

~*~*~*~

Seriously . . . I can't believe Sayaka didn't hear that while she was so caught up in singing!

This has got to be one of my favorite chapters ever! ^-^

Please . . .

~Vote

~Comment

~Follow?

~FujiwaraYuko~ ^-^ ~