Chapter 1

Maid servant Jen's pov

"The water is too cold I specifically asked for a hot bath!" I heard our young master  screamed at the new maid servant. It wasn't her fault  really  he did tell her he needed to take a cold bath.

"I'm so sorry sir but you did say you wanted it cold." I heard the timid voice of the young maid servant answered back. She was utterly done for now.

The first and utmost rule for a servant was to never answer back to to her master even if they're being insulted, spitted on or even worse. Our young master doesn't like to accept the fact that he makes mistakes, like any other human being because inside his head he's perfect and perfect people don't have flaws.

"Did you just open your filthy mouth and speak back to me? Someone as low class as you feel you have the right to call me an idiot. If I had told you I wanted my water cold don't you think I would have remembered?" He asked in a scornful lethal tone.

This time however the maid servant did not respond but it was too late for her  to try and right her wrong.

"I'm sorry young master it won't happen again I swear on my life" she uttered, remorse stained her voice and the air surrounding them.

"Now you're right about something because I no longer require your services and I want you out of here this instant I don't want to see your face around here anymore. Go!"

"No, please sir I apologize I'm sorry. Please don't fire me I have a family to take care of they won't survive if I don't have a job" the maid servant pleaded. I'm sure snot must be running from her nose just like I can tell the tears are from her eyes.

I didn't risk lifting my head and openly staring to find out  though because that too was against the rules.

We were told we should only look when we're being spoken to or asked to.

"Then I suppose you get another job else where then I suppose the market place is a good place to start." our master said in a final tone dismissing the young girl.

The market was no place for a girl not only is it male dominated it is also unsafe. Out there bad guys from far away lands always target the very few girls that are in the market.

They beat them up and take their goods, some times they even kidnapped females from there some say they are placed in brothels to work as whores. While others think they are sold into human trafficking as it is pretty popular around this time. There is a lot of money in that business and money is power.

It is hard to make even a tiny bit of money in the market and on top of that orphans and other beggars who linger about the market place  are always stealing your food.

Even though that sounds pretty awful I know for sure that working at the market is better than working on the streets as a prostitute.

For one, Its illegal if you're caught you're thrown into jail for a good five years or more never less ,five was the minimum

And  if you're not thrown into prison, men will abuse your body for their twisted pleasures, desires and you're lucky if they pay you after they're finished with you instead of driving off and  leaving you like a rag doll on the cold pavements.

However other jobs are available as well such as teaching at a school, working in a nursery, working as a doctor and so on but only a few people have those job around here because they have an education.

We weren't all educated people here. Some of us don't even know what inside of a school looks like because we have never been there before nor have our parents or grand parents so they had no knowledge or education to pass down to us.

That's why I consider myself lucky my mother is one of the very few people who works at an educational facility, she teaches there and I help her out when I have the chance to and not to mention I come from a long line of teachers, teaching is in my blood hence I have my fair share of knowledge.

The young maid servant was still pleading with our master when a guard entered from outside and with the young maters command, he lifted the maid servant from the ground and carried her outside I'm sure he's going to discard her outside the gates as if she was a nobody.

I swallowed heavily the thoughts leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Upper class people could be mean sometimes and for no apparent reason.

"You!" our young master called hand raised in my direction however I didn't raise my head just in case he wasn't speaking to me but the person beside me that has happened one to many times to count. I have been working here for a few months now and our master has only called me a handful of times.

"Are you deaf or dumb don't you hear me calling you?" the young master said his voice not hiding our miserable and impatient he is.

I decided to peaked up out the side of my eyes to see if he was speaking to me and lo and behold he was staring right at me.

"Are you talking to me young master?" I asked rather dumbly.

"Who else would I be speaking to? I swear you maid servants are even more lousy than the ones before you. Go get me some hot water and be quick I'm starting to itch" he said. Who else could he be talking to?  Oh I don't know maybe the five other servants standing in the room. This boy is so disrespectful it isn't even funny

"Yes right away young master" I said cringing on the inside before bowing and leaving the room.

I didn't expect a thank you after I struggled with five buckets of warm water for this boy as he wasn't raised to have manners to just anyone but what I definitely wasn't expecting was for him to tell me the water was too hot.

I sighed I guess some people can just never been satisfied even when they have it all

~~~
A/N Please vote, comment and follow.