Chapter 2

Maid servant Jen's pov

By the time I reached home it was pitch dark. I was exhausted and my body ached all over. Working as a maid servant was no joke nor was it easy.

But knowing I will be paid every weekend for all the slave work I have done brought me some peace of mind.

With my own pay I could support myself and help mother with raising my too little brothers, rannich and rennich.

Those two were my soul. I love them like they were my own children and I couldn't bare to seem them starve or suffer.

I want them to have the best childhood they could ever ask for hell I want them to have the best life they could have.

Christmas is approaching and I want to surprise them with new toys. That's why I know no matter how hard things get at work I could never quit or give up I need that money  for them as well and the pay they give us isn't bad it's... sufficient.

I didn't bother calling for my two brothers as they must be sleeping right now and if they weren't they would pretend to because it was way too late for them to be up playing games now.

Shrugging off my coat I walked into the kitchen and discarded my bag and  the key on the kitchen counter.

Soup was covered in a bowl for me and it's my favorite, pea soup.

I warmed it up in the microwave and ate it in ten large gulps. We never waste food in this household as it is scarce for many around here.

My mind flashed back to the man I saw on the street corner on my way home one of his hands had been amputated and he has no place to stay I could only imagine how hungry he must be.

I quickly made a mental note to bring some bread and a blanket for him tomorrow.

Whilst washing my bowl I thought back to today's events I wonder what that maid servant will do now since shes fired, what will she do to provide for her family?

I wondered how could a young boy have so much bitterness inside of him at such a young age.

He had me carried buckets of water for him back and forth not caring how much strain was on my poor muscles. I know I'm nothing but an employee to him but it doesn't hurt to be considerate about others.

Everything was a problem for him today either the water was too warm or it was too hot or it was too cold never perfect enough for him.

Thanks to the gods his friend stopped by and managed to convince him to stop his madness.

If the young master wasn't complaining about his bath he was complaining about something else it's either his bed wasn't spread right or he doesn't like the color sheet used to spread it.

His food was either too salt or it was too sweet. One minute he wants room temperature water to drink then the next he want ice cold water.

Our young master was certainly more irritated than his normal self and there is only one good possible answer I can come up with it for his behavior.

His parents arrival.

They were said to be arriving the day after tomorrow I guess that's why young master is so angsty. His relationship with his parents is somewhat shaky, one minute they see eye to eye then the next they don't.

They have a very complicated relationship but despite all that I know his parents love him even though they aren't exactly the nicest persons to be around especially his father.

During my time there I had only seen him once or better yet felt his presence. Whilst with the young master we are allowed to look at him once he's speaking to us or asked us to...let's just say it's a little different when it comes to his father.

I'm convinced by the many rumors that the man doesn't like having eye contact with anyone he deems as below him and that includes maid servants like my self here.

I heard he fired a maid servant just for making eye contact with him without his permission. I guess they can't bare to look us in the eyes knowing the god awful ways the treat us.

It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from respect it due to all. You can't only respect wealthy people and treat the poor ones like dogs.

Realizing I left the tap running when I spaced out I quickly turn it off and place the bowl in the dish rack.

My eyes felt even more droopy all of a sudden and when a yawn escaped my mouth before I could cover it with my hands. I knew definitely it was time to get to bed. After closing the lights off in the kitchen to conserve electrical energy I made way to my room.

I got into my comfy bed as soon as I entered my bedroom.

I was too tired to change out of these clothes so I slept in them and at the time going to sleep in the clothes that I worked in all day wasn't a bother to me.

That night I dreamt of sharp fiery eyes filled with cruel intent and hatred.

Who did those eyes belonged to?

~~~

The following morning was the same as every other morning I got up I wash my face, brush my teeth, took a bath, got dressed, comb my hair and wake my brothers up for school and if mother hasn't made breakfast yet, to take some of the work and stress off her I prepare it.

Mother didn't make it down for breakfast this morning that however was weird I made my way to her room to check on her just to make sure she was fine.

However I didn't go inside I haven't been inside their
room since dad died and it hasn't been a full year yet since he has been gone.

It was hard for all of us. We missed him too but I know mother must be taking his death harder than the rest of us. He was infact her first and one true love.

I called her from outside the door and luckily on the third call she decided to answer I could tell she must have been crying so I left her to grieve without any further questions

Not seeing her has left an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach but I don't worry much as I will be seeing her at the institution where she works later  when I come to help out after my shift.

I made sure to pack the bread and blanket to bring for the homeless man I saw on the corner yesterday.

This morning I decided I would walk to work for some oddly stupid reason  I didn't make it far before I gave up and took a ride.

I take back what I said about this morning being the same as every other morning because it was not. When I arrived at the estate for work I didn't expect the commotion I came up on every one was getting to work fast as it turns out...

Young master's  parents are a little earlier than expected.

•••
Please vote, comment and follow.