Chapter 5

Jen's POV

"Have you decided an answer to my offer yet?" Master asked. Sitting behind his massive oak desk.

Judging by the frown on young master's face I don't think he likes his father's decision very much.

I thought for a split second of changing my answer but then I remembered the generous amount of money I will receive if I go through with this deal.

"Yes I have come to a conclusion. I will tutor young master but I also have a few inquires of my own" I said with the most fake confidence I could muster.

"Go on then. Let me hear it" master said leaning forward with both hands on the desk. Oh he meant business alright as he leant in to listen keenly.

"If I am to tutor the young master is it still expected of me to be his maid?" I asked my voice rising in pitch, hinting at a possible trace of nervousness however I held my ground even though every fiber in my being was telling me to flee.

I hope I didn't come off as rude or disrespectful as I thought.

"After careful thinking and consideration last night I think it's best of you to only work here as his tutor and not his maid servant.

"If you were to remain his maid servant then I fear that will have a negative influence on your teacher-student relationship with my son." upon hearing master's final words I can now release the breath I was desperately holding inside. Well that's a relief.

"Hello, I'm still in the room you know. Are you two seriously going to pretend that I'm not here?" Young master asked reminding me of his presence in the room.

"Son lower your tone. You are still living under my roof and as such I make the decisions for you. I know what's best for you. You on the other hand don't " master said. Well that was rather harsh.

"I beg you to reconsider father. How could she be my tutor? She's just the same age as I am if not younger. I doubt she has any experience. Please father give me any tutor, anyone but her" young master pleaded with his father.

Well that hurt...a lot. I mean he is right I have zero experience with teaching others but still he didn't have to make it seem as if I was a complete dummy.

"My decision is final I will not reconsider. She might be the same age as you son but she knows a lot more than you. You could learn a thing or two from her." Master said and I'm not going to lie it felt really great to have some one stick up for me. Even if it's this prick's father.

"I can't believe you I have to tell mother about this" young master said rising from his seat in an aggressive manner.

"I don't think that's necessary. She already knows, in fact she agreed that this was best for you. She thinks it might be good for you to have a tutor around your age group, maybe you will connect well with her" master said putting a damp to his son's blazing fury.

That seems to render young master speechless as he remained silent afterwards."Now maid servant Jen here is a list of rules that I want you to work with. I expect you to start working as soon as tomorrow. I want you to be here at eight tomorrow morning bright and early " master said his tone of voice finalizing our conversation.

"Of course sir. Tomorrow eight a.m sharp" I said more than appreciative that our little chit chat has come to an end.

"I will go do my duties now master's. Am I excused?" I asked more than eager to leave than anything else.

"Yes you may go" Master said. Young master remained silent even then. I guess he doesn't feel the need to answer me. His behavior now has me dreading tomorrow already.

If we don't get along now how will we get along tomorrow?

After I exited the room I patted my uniform to neaten the invisible creases, then entered master's bedroom to tidy it.

There is where I had an uncomfortable encounter with his wife. " Don't you get tired of maid life?" She asked her question completely catching me off guard.

"Excuse me miss?" I asked just in case I didn't hear her right.

"Don't you get exhausted of waking up and cleaning other people's houses?" She asked her voice nothing short of snubby.

"Well for all it's worth miss. I sometimes too ask myself the same thing. I guess I never really cared about cleaning up after other people. It never really bother me that much." I said but still felt like there was much more to be said.

"I guess cleaning is in my nature. Besides there is very few paying jobs around here and this one is much better and pays a lot better too compared to the other jobs" I concluded.

"That's so odd. How can cleaning be in someone's nature. A girl like you should be going out with friends and enjoying life." She said. It was a typical thing for her to say as she sat in the room in front of the mirror having makeup applied to her face.

I laughed awkwardly" if only I had friends" I murmured that would be too embarrassing to say out load.

"I guess you are right but it doesn't matter any ways after today I won't be a maid servant anymore. I will be tutoring the young master. " I said and as the words left my lips it seems the maid servants forgot how to do their jobs as they stared at me with wide open eyes.

I know I will be the gossip around here soon. A maid servant becoming the young master's tutor well that's new. That's something alright.

"Oh it's you. You're the one who's going to tutor my boy" she said with a sense of realization in her tone.