84 What's in Khushi's Mind?

Part 84 What's in Khushi's Mind?

Arnav opened his eyes from his sleep. He saw Khushi looking at the ceiling blankly, sitting on the recliner.

"What are you thinking, Khushi?" Arnav sat on the bed.

Khushi's expression changed instantly.

"Nothing, Arnavji..." She smiled at him.

Arnav frowned as her slime didn't reach her eyes. He knew she was in deep thought. Then why did she lie? Did she hide anything from him?

"When did you wake up?" he asked getting down from the bed.

"6 o'clock..."

"Why so soon?"

"Just woke up..."

Arnav looked at her oddly.

"Go and get fresh. I will get you coffee" she left the room.

Arnav became thoughtful. The last night they had a session. Of course, it was Arnav who wanted it as he wanted to get rid of his stress. Arnav didn't get any negligence from Khushi that wondered him. He thought Khushi won't cooperate with him when Anjali was in a critical condition. But he had not seen any hesitation on Khushi's face. Now also she had been thinking something but she managed as if she was normal. What was wrong with her? Thinking about it, he went to the washroom.

Arnav came out getting fresh. That was when Khushi's phone started ringing. Arnav saw Swamiji's number flashing. He won't attend any call on Khushi's phone but he could not ignore Swamiji's call as it must be about Anjali. Arnav swiped the green indicator and gave the phone to his ear. Before Arnav said anything, Swamiji talked, thinking that it must be Khushi. What Swamiji told her on the phone shocked him.

"I saw your message. What made you think that your sister-in-law is pretending as mentally ill, Khushi beta?"

Arnav was thunderstruck. PRETENDING? He immediately disconnected the call and kept the phone back on the table as he didn't know whether he should talk further or not because he had no idea about the topic Swamiji was talking about. In fact, he could understand nothing. Was his Di pretending? But why? He was sure that it won't be just Khushi's guess. She should have noticed something in Anjali. After all, she was a well-experienced person in handling mental people. Was this why she wanted Swamiji to come here? But why didn't she tell him anything about it?

Arnav heard her anklet sound. He saw Khushi coming with two coffee cups. She extended one to him and sipped another.

"Khushi, Swamiji called you. I tried to attend it, but it got disconnected... I think the signal problem..." Arnav didn't tell her about his statement. He wanted to see what was happening.

"Oh..."

She took her mobile and checked it but she didn't make a call.

"Call him, Khushi..."

"Yeah... Will do it" she said hesitating to make a call in front of Arnav.

"It must be about Di I suppose... Ask him when is he coming" Arnav was not ready to give up.

Without any choice, she called Swamiji. He attended it.

"Hello, sorry Swamiji, the call disconnected. I think it's a tower problem" she said what Arnav said.

"Oh... I saw your message. What made you think that your sister-in-law is pretending?" Swamiji asked the same question that Arnav heard.

Khushi looked at Arnav but could not answer the question.