Notorious

CHAPTER 2.4
Notorious.

"I believe the woman wants puddin'."
〉〉〉〉

BECK LEANED OVER THE RAILING between Jason and Eric as they went over their results from Turner's test. She had gotten higher results than both of the boys and was explaining her answers to them, though she wasn't sure Eric was actually listening.

In reality, she wasn't either. Her hands shook ever so slightly as she explained question twelve, very aware of her arm touching Jason's. Though the days following their kiss were awkward, it was clear they were now more than friends. The thought made her both happy and nervous.

They had hung out multiple times since then, as they usually did. Only now it was filled with random touches or a flirtatious smile now and then. And the occasionally kissing... but who was counting?

Eric hadn't expressed his distaste for the new relationship through words, but instead settled for eye rolls and scoffs. In the midst of this, he was having his own relationship issues.

He raised his head from his test as a girl walked by, a rough look cast across her face, "Molly, hi."

"Get out of my sight you vermiculite miscreant." Is all she said before whipping around and storming off. The trio looked after her, stunned.

Molly was one of the smartest girls in their grade, though she was dumb enough to fall for Eric (A direct Beckett Hunter quote).

"So, how's it going with Molly?" Jason asked, sarcastically.

"There's no talking to her!" Eric explained, "I mean, she's a vicious, humorless man-killer who leaves nothing but a trail of misery and crushed hearts in her wake." He paused, smirking to look at Beckett's disbelieving face, "Oh, hey that's just like you."

She slapped his arm playfully as he stood, "You know, I am so done with women for my junior year. The next time you see me about to fall in love with some beautiful heartless bag of misery, I want you to talk me down!"

"You got it!"

"I already do that."

Beckett had a hard time believing that but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Eric would learn to care about school and focus his time on family and friends!

Just then, Eric bumped into a dainty, curly haired looking girl and they both spilled their juice all over each other.

Uh oh.

They burst out into complaints about their clothing, trailing upwards until their eyes met, "my, my."

"My, oh, my."

"Uh.." Jason spoke from behind his friend, "bag of misery, bag of misery." And Beckett nodded along, not even shocked her doubt was correct.

"Yeah.." Eric snapped out of his gaze, "you're right. I, uh, I'm sorry I bumped into you. I'll just get out of your way."

"Good job, Eric." Beck whispered, sighing as she turned to leave with Jason (who had clasped their hands!!). Crisis averted.

"That's a shame," The girl stopped them, "Because my family just moved here from Atlanta, and it's my senior year in a brand new school and I'm just so.. utterly, utterly lost." She put on a big pair of puppy dog eyes.

"You're a senior?"

"Misery bag!" Beck called out in a coughing manner. Jason pat her back in false comfort.

"Senior," Eric whispered back to them and Jason shook his head wildly.

"Old misery bag."

"You're right.." Eric finally sighed and approached the pair. His eyes flicked to their hands briefly, "you guys doing anything right now?"