Home

CHAPTER 2.13
Home.

"I'm not your kid."
〉〉〉〉

BECKETT WOKE UP TO YELLING one morning, which wasn't unusual for her. That was, until she opened her eyes and found Morgan staring at her blankly. She nearly screamed before she realized where she was.

3 weeks.

It had been 3 weeks since her and Shawn had moved in with the Matthews, and according to the arguing down the hall, the Hunters were already overstaying their time in the house.

Her mind was immediately flooded with anxiety of her current living situation, S.A.T.s, Jason, impending doom... you know, the usual stuff! She rubbed her eyes irritably, gave Morgan a quick hug and pat on the head and wandered down the hall.

As she got closer to the boys room, the arguing became louder. She opened the door, ignoring the shout of protest from Cory, who was standing in an oversized T-shirt, towel in hand.

"Mind knocking, girl?" Cory said condescendingly, earning nothing but an eye roll. He had been very insistent on her not bothering him at all, since he was obviously not used to a teenage girl living in the house.

The girl's eyes drifted over to Eric, who was sitting at the desk, studying for the S.A.T.. at 9am? She didn't even wanna know what had gotten into him, and instead looked around the room for her brother.

"Where's Shawn?"

"Oh!" Cory basically yelled, making Beck jump, "Funny you ask. He's busy hogging the shower!" He yelled in the direction of the bathroom door.

"Almost done," Shawn opened the door to reveal a striped robe and shaving cream all over his face, "Just doing my burns."

"Woah, you shave?" Cory asked in amazement. The answer was no, not really, but of course, Shawn didn't tell the truth.

"Facial hair sprouts early in our family—especially my mom's side." He responded casually and shut the door once more. Beck ignored Cory's questioning gaze with a flushed face.

There goes Shawn, sharing too much, yet again.

"Beck, mind helping me out?" Eric asked from the desk, a look of concentration on his face.

"Sure."

He handed her the answer key and pointed to which question he was currently on.

"Okay. Nihilism is to optimism as gluttony is to..? Butte, Montana?" Eric asked. Beck stared at him blankly for a moment, trying not to laugh. But then she realized he was serious.

"Eric.. this is vocab. Not geography." She said slowly, as if talking to a small child. He looked confused, but nodded anyways. "Don't hurt your brain." She teased, reaching over to ruffle his hair.

Something had certainly shifted between the two ever since that first night, though it was uncertain what. It was definitely awkward to go from absolutely hating someone to sharing a house with them, though both ignored the strange air between them.

"I'm getting a mind lock." Eric stood in a panic, "3 days until we take the S.A.Ts and I'm never even going to get into... that place, you know, it's got the.." He struggled to get out.

"College?" Cory asked with an eyebrow raise.

"College!"

Beckett was seriously starting to get concerned. Eric wasn't the brightest, but he certainly wasn't this stupid. She couldn't exactly blame him though, as this upcoming date certainly worried her too.