Family matters(2)

"T."

Hakeem walked through the crowd of people watching the hula dancers,and over to Tiana at the sandwich truck in the garden.

"Mhm?"She asked with food in her mouth.
"Can I talk to you?"

Tiana sighed and just nodded.He led her to the the lounge chairs beside the pool.That part of the garden was far away from everyone ,which was good beacause Hakeem didn't want anyone to hear them.

They sat on separate lounge chairs,facing eachother.

"So now you wanna talk to me?"
"About that T...I'm sorry.I shouldn't have spoken to you like that."Hakeem apologized.
"You're right you shouldn't have."

Hakeem just nodded his head.

"You should know that even tho we not together,I still got the utmost respect for you"Hakeem took her hand in his."Which is why I wanna ask permission...for Storm to meet the kids."
"Right now?"

Hakeem nodded and Tiana went silent,both looking into eachother's eyes.

"Look,Dre said he didn't want no drama.But there's no reason for there to be any...right?"

Tiana sighed.

"Are you sure that you wanna do this?"
"Hundred percent."

How quickly Hakeem answered was more confirmation for Tiana than his words were.

"Okay.She can meet the kids."

Hakeem smiled and kissed her hand.They stood up with her hand still in Hakeem's.

"Thank you."
"Ofcourse."Tiana said as he kissed her cheek.
.
.
.
.
"Okay everyone gather around."

Andre said making the large group of adults and childeren who were invited,surround the island.

He was currently standing infront of a volcano shaped cake,with Walker in his arms,and Terri next to him.Her hand was on Walker's back.

There were three candles lit,fascinating Walker.

"Everybody as you all know,its my son's third birthday."

Andre bounced Walker in his arms,making him laugh.

"Yeah thats right."Andre smiled."Now this is usually the part where we sing Happy Birthday,but we are not gonna do that.Instead we're gonna have Walker blow out his candles,then y'all are gonna go into the living room and wait for the cake to be served while listening to my lovely brother Jamal serenade my little boy.With an original song."

Jamal winked at Andre,from where he was.Leaning against the fridge,separated from the crowd.

"Okay.One,two,three."

Andre bent over so that Walker could blow out his candles Which he did without any help,and he was proud of that.

Then everyone moved into the living room and found space to occupy as Jamal went to sit by the piano.Hakeem wanted Storm to sit on his lap but she refused because his kids were in the room and she didn't wanna confuse them.

She did stand next to where he sat on the couch.And they did hold hands while enjoying Jamal's soul-filled tune about his nephew.Titled:Walker keep walking.
.
.
.
.
"Oh my gosh"Jamal chuckled."Seriously?"
"I'm telling you."Storm clapped her hands with a smile on her face.
"Poor guy probably can't have kids."
"Serves him right for thinking he was worthy enough to touch my ass."

Jamal laughed at her words.Him and Storm had been sitting on the couch,eating cake and talking for 45 minutes.

Storm and Jamal were good friends.That until the news broke about her and Hakeem,he was considered to be the Lyon she had the closest relationship with.