Roar(2)

Camera clicks filled the room,when the trio entered.

Alejandro followed Set to sit in one of the chairs facing the mini stage.And Storm went up the stairs of the stage.

Andre waved her over and she took one of the centre seats of the long table that had mics attached to the edge.

To Storm's left was Hakeem,Cookie and Jamal.To her right:Lucious,Andre and her manager.

Hakeem kissed her cheek and whispered:"Everything good?"

She nodded.

Scanning the pregnant room,Storm overcame a wave of anxiety.She was used to large crowds-it was part of her job description.But this wasn't a crowd of fans who loved her and knew all the lyrics to her songs.

These were reporters.

Hardcore reporters,that unapologetically cut through souls with big words and well-constructed sentences.

Not some gossip bloggers that pull stories from boredom.People who research and know their stuff.People who get paid to do this.

"Okay"Lucious started after recieving a nod from a staff member."We're good to proceed."
"Before we do."Storm interupted."I'd just like to apologize to everyone for being late."

A camera clicked.

"...So let's begin."Lucious clapped.

All the reporters started speaking at the same time.And everyone stopped when an Empire publicist demanded that they ask questions one at a time

A blonde reporter raised her hand."Mr.Lyon,are you married to ms.Cruz?"
Hakeem leaned forward."Yes."
"And when did this happen?"Another asked.
"Uh,a couple weeks ago."
"Were you intoxicated?"
Hakeem looked straight at the reporter.Although his sunglasses covering his pupils."No."

The reporter took notes.

"How about you Storm?Were you drinking?"
"Well,yes,it...it was my after party after my show.In Vegas."
"So,you agreed to spend your life with someone while not in the right state of mind?"
"I wasn't that drunk-"
"You do know what this sounds like,right?"

Storm raised an eyebrow.

"Storm,did you marry Hakeem against your will?"
Her eyes widened."What-"
"Did he force you to do this!?Did he threaten to ruin your career-"
Cookie sat forward."Excuse me!Now what you're not gonna is speak about my son that way."She pointed at the reporter,who in turn raised his hands in defense.
"I'm just doing my job Cookie."
"Well do it better,Craig."

Everyone ooh'ed.

"Everyone let's remember to keep all comments and questions respectful."Andre said.
"Pardon me,but who's respecting Maya?"

Hakeem slowly took his glasses off.

"Yo,what did you just say?"
"It hasn't even been a year,and you're already married?Don't you think that that's disrespectful,Hakeem?"
"...I'm just livin' my life."
"While stomping on her legacy?"

Hakeem put his glasses back on.

"Somebody get her out of here."

Two guards escorted the reporter out of the room.She did put up a fight anf the moment was captured on camera.

"Aight,I see how y'all wanna play this.Dirty.Bet?Let's play."
"I'm sorry but what exactly are you saying Hakeem?"
"I'm sayin'...give me all the hard-hitting shit that you all planned to blindside me and my girl with."
"Your girl?"
"Yeah."

The reporters looked around,at eachother,confused.

"Was this not some stupid mistake,that you're gonna get annulled?"
"Yeah,isn't that why we're here today?For the routine Lyon clean-up?"

Cookie scoffed.

Hakeem smiled."Nah."
"Mr.Lyon,could you please be more clear."
"Yeah,what are you saying...exactly?"
"What I'm sayin' is that this is my wife.Whether or not y'all like it."
"So you will stay married?"
"Hell yeah."He planted a kiss on Storm's cheek.

The cameras went wild for this moment.

"Why don't I believe that?The whole 'we're in it together'...ordeal.That's the word."
"Oh,com'mon.You ain't gotta wait for me to respond.I know you got a lot more to say."
The reporter chuckled and nodded."Ok-but let me warn you.This is gonna hurt your ego.But I guess it's a good thing Cookie's right next to you."

A couple of people winced.But Hakeem didn't wanna show thaf it fazed him.

"So here goes,Hakeem,you're no stranger to public relationships.All of which have failed.And the way I see it,you're not staying in this 'marriage' for what you think you are."

Silence filled the room.

"Go on."
"You're embarrassed.Which is understandable,I mean at some point you get tired of seeing your face under a headline that reads:'Another one bites the dust'."
"Oh,yeah.I remember you writing that when me and Laura broke up."
"Correction,when she left you at the alter."
"If this is true"Another reporter chimed in."why not just marry Tiana?That would make more sense than Storm."

"Ey,man"Jamal spoke up."we don't need to bring Tiana into this.That's not what we're here f-"
"Nah Mal,let 'em get their bonuses."

Cookie,Andre and Lucious chuckled.

"What does Tiana think about this?"
"I don't know.You should ask her."
"Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance...mr Lyon."
Hakeem started searching for his phone in his jacket."Well,I could call her right now and you could ask her.Should I call her for you?"
"That won't be necessary mr Lyon.I wouldn't wanna disturb her."
"Punk-ass."Hakeem muttered under his breath.

"Storm,is it true that you and Tiana had a physical altercation?"
Storm shook her head."Not at all.I have the utmost respect for her,as an artist,the mother of their kids and overall,as a human being."
"Okay."The reporter jotted down some notes.

Hakeem flashed Storm a proud smile and they fist-bumped.

"Okay next question"

The press comference went on for another 45-minutes.The questions did become more tame because all the ballsy reporters had been humbled by Stokeem.

"We have time for one more question."Empire's publicist announced.
"Storm,I think the question that's on your fans minds the most is, what does this marriage mean for your career?"
"I'm so glad you asked that,cause I've been wanting to address this for a while.Everybody,"She sighed."my marriage will not affect my career in any way.Aight,I'm not gonna get special treatment or anything.I'mma keep grindin' in that studio day and night to give you good music."

A reporter sighed."That's nice Storm,but we've seen this before."
"Yes.A new artist thrives,gets involved with a Lyon.Drops hit after hit.They break things off and the artist falls of the map.So how are you any different?"
"For starters I'm not just any artist...I'm Empire's first Diamond.Meaning that I'm the most successful Empire artist,EVER."

Hakeem leads the applause.

"Secondly,nothing's changed.I'm still the same girl who lives for music."
"You say that,but...you haven't even dropped anything new in months."
"What?Y'all bored of the album already?"
"No."the reporter laughed."But I remember you used to drop a track every other day."
"Well that was leading up to the album-"
"Didn't you just say that you're still the same?"
"Are you even working on anything new?"

Storm opened her mouth to speak,but the words didn't come out.So Lucious took the opportunity to say the first thing that came to his mind,which was:

"We're actually in the process of recording the second album."

He ignored all the eyes of the people at the table with him,and focused on the reporters eager to know more.

"Can you tell us anything about it?"
"It's gonna be bigger and better."He winked.