[16] the invitation

Y/N
Ni-ki and Chaeri stood in front us with a smirk plastered on, I glanced over at Jungwon who was furiously glaring at them.

"We're you guys about to?" Ni-ki imitated the action of kissing by bringing both of his index fingers together. Chaeri gently nudged him and then walked closer to me and pulled me away from them.

"You have to tell me everything!"  She said excitedly pulling out a chair. "From the beginning."

"There's nothing to tell." I replied sitting down next to her, "we were just talking and then... we were about to..."

"KISS!" She screamed and I instantly put my hand over her mouth. "Oops sorry." She mumbled with a smile. Just then Jungwon and Ni-ki came looking at us with confused faces.

"Do we even want to know what's going on here?"Ni-ki questioned, amused. I removed my hand from Chaeri who smirked.

"Anyways we're done so shall we head home?"  I quickly said trying to cut Chaeri off whatever she was thinking of doing. I quickly closed the café and headed out.

Just as we entered my house a gold envelope was laying on the floor, I picked it up and opened it :

To Y/N and Jungwon :
I hope you are both well! I am inviting you to my ball next week Thursday at the vampiric cove - Jungwon will know where it is. The dress code is white for ladies and black for men. I hope to see you both there.
- A-yeong

I finished reading it out loud and looked at it confusingly, I then turned to Jungwon who did not seem pleased. "So who's A-yeong?" I asked, baffled.

"You haven't told her yet?" Chaeri asked, facing Jungwon. He walked over to me and looked down at the invitation.

"She's my crazy ex." Jungwon answered instantly, " the one who turned us into vampires, she worked in a lab and injected us with a solution that gave us characteristics of vampires. We're basically fake vampires." Jungwon said dejectedly.

"Your not fake vampires!." I tried to say reassuringly, "so did she turn herself into a vampire too?"

"Unfortunately yes. She injected herself twice though, which made her go feral." Ni-ki replied with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Should we even be attending the ball then?" Chaeri questioned which made me think that myself too.

"Then she's going to come after us and dry out our blood, especially y/n since she's jungwon's soulmate and A-yeong and him used to date so yeah, we're better off going." Ni-ki rambled on, Chaeri slapped her forehead and me and Jungwon looked at each other awkwardly.

If the earth could swallow me whole now, it would be great.

Jungwon and Ni-ki both looked at me. It was awkward silence for about a whole minute until Chaeri thankfully broke it.

"So are you both going to go home?" She asked eagerly. "It's nearly dark, I think it's better if"—

"Why are you forcing us to leave?" Ni-ki cut her off. "And we're vampires, why would we be scared of the dark?" He looked back and forth at me and Jungwon, "and why have you two gone silent?"

"Um I'm going to give my cat a bath, bye." I said as quickly as possible and ran out of the room.

Jungwon
I looked at her figure running away and wanted to stop her but i couldn't. There was some sort of guilt eating up inside of me.

"When did she have a cat? And don't they clean themselves?" Ni-ki said, though he did have a point.

"You doofus she didn't know about the soulmate thing." Chaeri said to Ni-ki. He looked at me wide apologetic eyes though I wasn't mad at him.

" I should've told her sooner anyways, I just didn't know how to bring it up. I'll go to her now." I started walking only to be stopped by Chaeri.

"Maybe come back later? She's probably still trying to process it." I thought about it for a moment and nodded my head.

"okay." Me and Ni-ki walked back home and the only person on my mind was Y/N.

_______________________________

A/N:
ohmygosh I am immensely sorry for the awaited update TvT I shall try to update more consistently now.

this is a little tmi but I've been listening to the English version of the miraculous theme song on repeat XD.

🐞 lady bug and 🐈‍⬛ cat noir

neighbours ┃。 ͘ ͙ ☘︎