Chapter 4 'Electric Shocks'

"Umm," I said out loud completely confused by whatever was happening.

     Right now, Ivy was practically bouncing up and down in her seat, and despite Grayson's hand clamped over her mouth, I could still hear her excited squeals about who-even-knows what.

     Both Brad and Audrey were staring between the weird guy and me wide-eyed with their mouths slightly agape, and Cecelia's face was in the widest grin that I had ever seen. I swear that her face was bout to split in two with just how big she was smiling right now. 

     "I knew it! I just knew it, there was-" Grayson looked so surprised at whatever was happening that his hand slipped from Ivy's mouth and she continued on cheering before he realized.

     "Babe!" Grayson hissed at her with wide eyes. "Shh!"

      This finally seemed to snap Ivy out of her little happy dance, or whatever that just was.

     "Does anyone want to clue me in on what just happened? And why whatever that just happened made you all look so happy and surprised at the same time?" I asked out loud to everyone. 

     "Ivy and I had a bet from earlier that Xavier wasn't going to show up for lunch today, but here he is," Brad said, nodding as he went along. "We were all just so surprised he did come because he told me that he wasn't going to."

     "Yeah!" Cecelia cut in. "I was on Ivy's side that my brother would come, that's why I was so happy."

     "Ok. . ." I trailed off, so confused by the last thirty seconds of that thing.

     "I just get really excited when I'm right," Ivy said casually. Well, as casual as someone can say something while still being bright red in the face from excitement.

     "I'll have to remember that that's how you react to being right for next time," I laughed along with everyone. 

     "I'm Xavier," he introduced himself, dropping down into the empty seat between me and Cecelia. He stretched his hand out to shake mine.

     Ok, weird. Who shakes hands in school? Especially someone that isn't a teacher. 

     "Addison," I said politely, reaching sideways to shake his hand. 

     But as soon as I grabbed his hand, I dropped it. It felt like a million little sparks just ignited all throughout my body, starting at the tips of my fingers. 

     "Electric shock I guess," Xavier smirked at me. "It's really good to meet you, Addison."

     Ok, Xavier was without a doubt the most good-looking guy that I had ever seen. Chris Evans didn't even compare.

     Xavier had dark brown, nearly black hair that was messy, yet neat all at the same time; like he had just rolled out of bed and ran his hand through it before coming here. He had dark, dark brown, basically black eyes that seemed to bore into my soul. Soft pink lips that looked unbelievably soft, and sharp features. He was dressed in black jeans, a dark grey t-shirt, and a black leather jacket that just screamed 'bad boy'.