Chapter 8 'Sharing My Food Means I Love You'

Xavier's POV

     "It'll be ok, man," Hunter clapped a hand on my shoulder as I watched Addison and my sister walk away.

     "Says the guy who had his mate accept him right away," I grumbled in response.

     "Did you forget that my mate is your little sister? And that as soon as you found that out you threatened me for like a week straight?" Hunter laughed at the memory of Cecelia having to step in and finally tell me to stop.

     "Don't make me threaten you again," I rolled my eyes at him.

     Hunter was the absolute best tracker in the whole pack and knew it too. He knew that I would never really do anything to him, but that because he was my sister's mate I was going to act this way.

     "I'm sure that Cece is putting in nothing but good words for you," he assured me. "You know how much she wants a sister and for you to be happy. She's probably giving the Luna highlight reel of all your best moments as we speak."

     "But she's human," I reminded him. "She doesn't feel the mate bond right away. Or maybe even ever," I sighed again. "I don't know how much longer I can just wait here on the sidelines."

     "It's only been a day," Hunter laughed. "She's human," he echoed my words. "She needs more time. Take it slow, be her friend first and then ask her on a date. Go at a normal, human pace."

     'I hate that idea,' Ryker growled in my mind. Me too, I agreed. Me too.

     "Now I've got to get to class before Mr. Jenkins gives me dentition. Part of the pack or not, that man hates everyone equally," Hunter said before turning on his heel and leaving.

     I barely paid any attention to my first two morning classes. My mind was completely full of thoughts about one person: Addison. My mate.

     Even just thinking about her made my heart beat faster. 

     Her hair, and her beautiful eyes, and her amazing smile, and just every little thing about her. I was completely and utterly head over heels for her and she couldn't even care less about me. I've been looking for her since I turned 16, and now that I've finally met her, I never wanted to let her go.

     I was still a moping mess by the time lunch came. My sister, of course, was the first one to comment on it.

     "Oh cheer up, would you?" She rolled her eyes at me. "So this morning didn't go as you planned it, who cares? I'm sure that tomorrow will be better!"

     "What happened this morning?" Brad asked dropping down into an empty seat at the table. 

     "Oh, nothing. Just that our strong and mightily Alpha over here scared the living daylights out of his mate this morning and then stood there like with his mouth open like a fish out of water as he tried to apologize to her," Cecelia laughed at the memory as she told everyone.