Chapter 13 'The Aftermath'

Xavier's POV

     "Are you stupid?"

     That was the first thing I heard when I finally shifted back and showered up at the pack house on Saturday.

     "Or did you just let your wolf take over and not even think about any of the repercussions?" My dad kept going.

     Ok, so I guess playing dumb is out of the question here.

     "You messed up," Grayson said stating the obvious. "Like, badly."

     Before I could even open my mouth and begin to defend myself my mom stepped in.

     "Xavier Carson Black!" She yelled my whole name out in one breath. "What on earth were you thinking? You know what?! Clearly, you weren't thinking at all or else you wouldn't have just done that at all!"

     My parents, sister, Hunter and both of the beta and Gamma families were standing before me. Each one of them looked more disappointed than the next.

     'Damn,' Ryder choose this exact moment to finally speak up in my mind. 'They're all acting like they wouldn't have taken their mates and run. At least we only did half of the ceremony.'

     "How did you even get Addison to say the right words and repeat the words?" My sister asked with pure confusion. "I mean, I obviously think that you're beyond dumb for doing what you just did, but I'm also a little impressed that you actually managed to pull it off."

     "Cecelia Jane!" My mom hissed. "Don't you dare encourage your brother."

     "I'm just saying what we're all thinking," she mumbled under her breath and leaned closer to Hunter. But, since we're all werewolves with great hearing we obviously heard her but my mom clearly choose to ignore her.

     I had two options right now, first; I could tell the truth and hope that I didn't get it too much trouble. Or second, I could turn around and run away back to my little, perfect mate and ignore everyone else and go live in the first like a hermit with her.

     "Don't you dare lie to me right now, Xavier," my mom said.

     Damn! I didn't even have my mind link open but she was reading my mind regardless.

     "I didn't mean for this to happen," I told everyone honestly. "I just wanted to go over and see her and spend some time with her."

     "Wait," Ivy spoke up. "Didn't Addie invite that guy from English class over to her place today? That human guy that plays Romeo in her group? They were gonna hang out and run lines, right?"

     "I may or may not have placed an anonymous call to his dad's plumbing company for a last-minute, emergency appointment that would require him to cancel plans with her," I said casually.

     Both Brad and Grayson looked like they wanted to give me high fives, but everyone else looked shocked that I would even think to do that.

     "And you did that just to spend time with your mate?" My dad asked me slowly.

     "Well that and the fact that I didn't want her to run some love scene and kiss some other guy," I added in."

     My dad didn't even say anything, he just let out a loud sigh and rubbed a hand across his face.

     "He's human," Audrey said. "And he's also not her mate."

"I get it," Brad said to his mate. "I mean," he started to explain when everyone's heads snapped towards him. "If I couldn't tell Audrey that she was my mate and then she went out on a date with some other guy, I'd do whatever I could to stop her."