Chapter 23 'Santa Isn't Real, But Werewolves Are'

"Addison. . ." Xavier said my name softly.

"I just need a minute to take this all in," I told him. "I mean, up until a few moments ago I thought that the only supernatural being was Santa."

"But," Grayson said. "But, Santa isn't, I mean, you know he's not real. . . right?" his voice grew more and more concerned with every single word that he was saying until Ivy had to shut him up.

"Would you let her process her emotions," Ivy hissed at her boyfriend.

"But-"

Ivy shot her boyfriend a death glare as soon as he started to speak again, making him shut his mouth right away.

"Brad, go shift back," Xavier called out at the absolutely giant dark brown wolf that was still just standing there.

The wolf, or Brad I guess, nodded his huge head and bent his neck down slightly to pick up the discarded pair of shorts on the lawn in front of him. He gave one last nod before turning around sprinting into the nearby forest.

"So no one was lying?" I asked out loud. Even though I already knew the answer I still had to ask, I just needed to hear someone else say it one last time.

"No," Ivy said. "None of us were lying to you."

"You don't really believe in Santa still, do you?" Brad asked me as soon as he was close enough.

Of course, of course, Brad would ask me that right now after just showing me that he was transformed into a giant wolf.

My shoulders shook up and down in silent laughter, glad to know that Brad was still himself. "No," I shook my head. "I don't still believe in Santa, but my mom tells me every year that if I say that then I won't get any presents."

"Good," Brad wiped an imagery bead of sweat off of his forehead. "I was worried that you were a little bit of a weirdo there for a second."

"So, those words, 'mate' and 'Alpha', I'm guessing that they have something to do with you all being werewolves? And not anything to do with Australian reality TV?" I glanced around at everyone's faces.

"Why don't we go back inside and take a seat at the kitchen table again?" Once again, Ivy was the voice of reason in all of this craziness. "We can answer all of the questions that you have."

"Can we also eat? Fighting all those Rouges and now the stress of having to explain all of this to Addie has left me starving," Grayson moaned out as he followed us all back into the house.

"I'll ask Audrey to pick something up quickly, she just mind-linked me that she's just about done with Hunter and the warriors," Brad said.

I looked over my shoulder to see Brad's eyes glaze over for a few seconds before he spoke again. "She says that Cece is already on it."

"Nice!" Grayson cheered softly hearing this.

"But you didn't call her," I looked back at Brad confused. "How do you know that Cecelia is out grabbing food?"

"I mind-linked her," Brad started to explain. "It's a thing that wolves in packs can do to other members of the pack. It's like calling someone in your mind."

"And you just did that right now?" I pointed at him. "Like right now while we were walking up to the house?"

"Any time our eyes kind of glaze over and go vacant it's because we're either mind linking someone, or someone is mind linking us," Grayson clarified. "So just now when Brad's eyes looked a little off like he was lost in space, that's because he was linking Audrey."