Chapter 32 'Ivy's Confession'

Xavier's POV

     "I think that I need to go lay down," Grandpa said. "Everything that's happened today," he rubbed his chest. "It's, it's just-"

     "Go lay down, Grandpa," Cecelia agreed with him. "Here, I'll walk you back home. It's so busy here right now that you won't be able to get any rest."

     Cecelia bent down to pick up her purse and grab her phone when Grandpa stopped her. "You stay here, Dear. They need you more than I do." He said softly to her. "Plus I'm not that old yet, I can stop manage to find my way back home all by myself." He added when he noticed the growing down in my sister's face.

     "Fine," She reluctantly agreed with him. "But mind link me if you need anything," she demanded.

     "And here I was thinking that I was the adult," he teased, dropping a kiss down on the top of her head before leaving.

     "You need to get some rest also," my sister said as soon as Grandpa was out the front door. "You can't help Addison if you're, well, like this," she gestured up and down at my crumpled clothes and messy hair."

     There was no sense in arguing with her, no matter how much I wanted to. She was right. I couldn't help my mate like this. It had only been just over 12 hours and still nothing.

     Plus I knew that Addison would kill me also if she knew.

     "Only for an hour," I said firmly. "Any longer come and wake me up."

     "Yeah, yeah," she tossed the words over her shoulder as she walked away from me.

     I slowly made my way upstairs towards my room, but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard someone going through papers in my dad's office.

     I carefully pushed open the door to see Ivy gathering papers from the printed.

     "What are you doing with those, Ivy?" I raised an eyebrow at her and jerked my head at the stack of papers she was trying, and failing, to hide behind her back.

     "Oh," she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Uh, I was just making copies of Andrew's notebook and everything on it for Mr. Thomas."

     I glanced down at the stack of papers she was now holding in front of her, her fingers nervously toying with the corners.

     "Why does he need copies?" I frowned. "Grandpa already read through the notebook and told us what was written in it."

     "Oh, he just asked for a personal copy of all the pages so that he could go through again if needed," she explained.

     "Why wouldn't he just come back and get the notebook then? It's not like we're keeping it from him."

     "Close the door, Xavier." Ivy set the stack of papers down on my dad's desk and dropped into his chair. "Please," she added softly.

     Wordlessly I closed the office door and took a seat across from her at my dad's desk.

     "You have to promise that you'll listen to me," Ivy said. "And that you won't interrupt or say anything until I'm done, ok?"

     What was going on?

     What was Ivy trying to tell me?

     "I promise," I said gruffly.

     All of the pack's best trackers were out following Addison's scent right now and everyone else was downstairs talking or out doing something else.