Chapter 18 'Uh Oh'

Andrew ditched me. He fully ditched, completely, utterly ditched me.

     I made a beeline after gym class to get to Mr. Davis's room right away only to wait, and wait, and wait for him to not show up.

     "Um, excuse me," I tapped some guy on the shoulder that walked out of Mr. Davis's class. "Is Andrew still in there?"

     "Uh? Oh," He shook his head at me. "No, sorry he left right before the bell rang."

     "Oh, thanks," I mumbled. 

     Where was Andrew? Why would he leave without telling me after we had already made plans to hang out after school? A plan that I may add was all his idea and that he basically begged me to come to. And now he just left?

     I pulled my phone out of my back pocket for what felt like the hundredth time in the span of a minute to check if he had texted me where he was. 

     And of course, Andrew wasn't answering any of my texts and all of my phone calls were going straight to his voicemail without even ringing once first.

     Was this all just some huge joke that he was playing on me? That was the only thing that I could come up with that even remotely made any sense. 

     "Addie, hey!" 

     I looked up from my phone to see Cecelia, Hunter, and Xavier all walking toward me. As always, a huge smile was stretched across Xavier's face as soon as we locked eyes. 

     Was the universe playing some kind of huge prank on me today? First, Andrew tells me that Xavier, his family, and all of his friends were dangerous and that he was going to prove it to me today after school; and now Xavier was walking towards me with his sister and friend. 

     "What are you still doing here?" Xavier asked me. "Ivy said that you practically sprinted off after gym class."

     "Oh, yeah," I said slowly trying to figure out my next words without telling me the real truth. "I thought that I left my history textbook in Mr. Davis's class and I didn't want to risk anyone taking it." 

     "Did you get it?" Cecelia asked.

     "I already dropped it back off in my locker, I was just checking my phone and waiting to hear back from my mom," I babbled on. "She usually picks me up on Friday' after school because she gets off early, but I think that she got stuck working late today because she's not answering any of my messages."

     Ok, now I just totally seemed like a loser. 

     "I can drive you," Xavier said right away. "I mean, my truck is already in the parking lot and Hunter is taking Cece home so I have room."