I

F I R E  B O R N•

F I R E  B O R N

BEFORE THE STORM

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

"Jacaerys!" My mother yelled through the halls of the castle. "Jacaerys where are you! Daenerys is looking for you!" I was hiding behind a curtain when I soon came out to jump scare her.

"RAWR!"

"OH GODS! Jace! Are you trying to kill your mother?!" She yelped with sigh and chuckle. I laughed at her reaction. She just shook her head and smile at me. I always loved when my mama smiled at me. It was always genuine and full compassion. Full of love.

Sometimes I wondered how she was always happy when my father never treated like he should. I never understood my parents relationship. My father wouldn't hurt my mother physically but he would do it with his words. He'd call her a "useless, good for nothing whore" when in reality he was the whore. Everytime he would get bored or mad at my mother he'd bring a mistress over while my mother couldn't stop crying in my room.

" Oh dearest, I'm sorry you have too see me like this " she'd say to me while caressing my white hair. I hated when my father made my mother cry. She did nothing wrong. She did her duty to bare a child for him and take care of it, yet that wasn't enough for him.

"Jace come on" my mother said to me while holding out her hand. "Virserys and Daenerys are out in the gardens with Aunt Rhaella". I grab her hand and give her a cheesy smile. She giggled. " How come the gods decided for me to have such a witty child?" She said with a smirk. I shrugged in response. " I don't know mama" I said also giggling.

She sighed.

" Promise me you will never lose that smile? Promise?" She said looking down at me. " I promise, mama " I said.

I broke that promise.

|||||||||||

My mother and I finally made it to the garden. Aunt Rhaella was sitting on a stoned bench reading a book and my cousins were chasing each other around in a circle.

Aunt Rhaella looked up as we came in and smiled. " Maelys, Jacaerys" she said getting up to greet us. " I was wondering where you, Ser Jace " Rhaella said with her hands on her hips.

" Don't worry, I wasn't getting into trouble " I said putting on my cute smile and eyes. People in the castle always fell for it. " Sure alright, whatever you say, Ser Jace " she said.

Except Mother and Aunt Rhaella.

" Maelys, I thought you were headed to the study room with Prince Aergon " Rhaella said to my mother. My mother looked at me, then to Virserys and Daenerys. She looked back at me, rose her brows and smiled. I turned around and walked towards the siblings.