XIII

F I R E B O R N

F I R E B O R N

•••••••••••••

A DREAM WITH FIRE

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

TW: slight panic attack/seizure

The wind blows through my long white hair. I can feel sand below my feet and the smell of salty water. I shoot my eyes open to find myself on a beach. In front of me, a vast ocean stretched out towards the horizon.

For once, I felt peace.

It's one of the reasons why I like to be on my own. I find peace in my thoughts, no where else.

I move closer to the shore. The ocean water lightly crashed again my ankles. I breathe in the cool into my lungs. A refreshing feeling.

Out far in the sea, I spot something.

Some sort of creature. Then it disappeared. Moments later, a wave crashes against me, knocking me over. Making me land on my back. I wipe the salt water off my face. When I look up, I meet a scaled creature.

A dragon.

I sat up as fast as I could.

It's scales were gray colored with some hints of green covering its face. Its wings were large in size and its eyes seemed to glow as it met my own. It huffed and grumbled at me, all I could do was stare. Then I noticed a small detail of this dragon. It had some kind of sigil collar on its chest, an arrow like figure pointing upward.

My eyes widened.

"Vaeron." I whispered.

At the sound of it's name, its eyes began to glow white. I've seen those eyes before.

Just like the dragons, my eyes began to glow red. I stretched out my hand to touch the dragon. I suddenly groan in pain.

My body started to feel hot. It felt like I was burning alive. My back meets the sand again, I soon find it hard to breathe and start hyperventilating. The more I panic, the worse my body feels. At this point, I'm groaning and yelling.

My fingers felt like they were on fire, my muscles began to ache, and the pain slowly, excruciatingly moved from my chest down to my abdomen.

I glance to the dragon and it's mouth begins to open. Then it lets out terrifying roar. Fire soon followed, burning me and the ground that I touched.

"AHHH!," I shot up from my sleeping state. My hands are trembling and my breathing is unsteady. I look down to look at my hands. They are bloody red and glowing of heat.