XII

F I R E B O R N

F I R E B O R N

••••••••••••

QUEEN'S REQUEST

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

I rode around the city with my cloak over my head and a mask covering half of my face. I decided to take a tour since it's been a while. I walked through the markets where they were selling many fruits and clothes.

The south was certainly more colorful than the north. Over there, everything was dull and grey, not much excitement.

Over here, the streets are buzzing with merchants and foreign traders. Spices could be smelled in the air and sometimes the smell of livestock. Aeros almost went into a frenzy, when we arrived. He's never liked crowded spaces, so he would avoid bumping into people by going under my horse to switch sides.

Sometimes he didn't have to move, the people did. A live, large direwolf in a crowded city isn't what they see everyday. It almost even became a problem.

When I spotted a place to eat, a man suddenly touched my arm. He was dressed in leather and with a light fur coat. He had a creepy smile to him. "How much for the wolf?," He said with a grin.

I looked up to see a stand full of wolf skin. There were of many coats. Grey. Red. White. Brown. Golden. Ash. The only fur coat that he didn't have was...

Black.

My face turned into a scowl. "He's not for trading," I seethed. Aeros slightly growled.

"My name is Fargus Jorn. I have hunted wolves since I was 9. Trust me, I have seen many southern wolves dead and alive, but your wolf is the largest one I have seen. I can't remember the last time I saw a wolf of this size," the man said. "He's a rare breed. Makes him very valuable, especially his black coat."

"I do not care what your name is or what you do with wolves, he's not for trading. This wolf belongs to House Stark. His collar," I glared at him. I really wish I could slice his mouth right now.

His eyes widen when I mentioned House Stark. "Oh, my apologies, I didn't know you were a Stark," He said. He backed away slightly and let my pass. Aeros snarled at him one more time then followed me.

I guide my horse in front of a small house. I tie it to a wooden brim next to the house. I head inside but stop when I notice Aeros following me. "No, boy," I said, and flick my hand to the horse. He whimpers and walks to next to the horse, then lays down.