VIII

F I R E B O R N••••••••

F I R E B O R N
••••••••

A SMALL REUNION

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

Night fell and everyone was buzzing in the halls. We were to have a feast with the royals.

I was in my room getting ready. Yes, I was going to show up to the feast even though my life was on the line.

To be honest, I don't care. They couldn't touch me, if they tried.

When I was done I made my way to the dining hall where everyone was already eating and drinking. I quickly made my way to where Robb was sitting.

He almost choked when he saw me. "What in the seven hells are you doing?!" He said, gritting his teeth. "I'm not going to hide when there's food around" I remarked and I sat down next to him.

"What if father finds out your here?!" He asked desperately. "Then he'll have to tell the King who I am" I said nonchalant and drunk from his cup. He shook his head.

I looked over to where the prince was dining and to my displeasure, he was eye fucking Sansa.

Again.

Then I felt as if someone was looking at me. I turned around to meet the gaze of Queen Cersei and Lady Catelyn at her side. The Queen slightly leaned over to Lady Catelyn as she looked at me. Lady Catelyn looked startled and alert when she finally caught me sitting at a table. She persed her lips.

I quickly looked the other way and continued to drink. Robb sighed and poured himself a another cup. I stayed with Robb for a while when he finally gave up on telling me that I was putting myself in danger.

I set my cup and stood up. "I'm going outside" I said. "Be careful" Robb said sternly. I just waved him off.

Once I was outside, cold fresh air hit my face. I didn't notice how hot it was in there until now. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, then I rested my elbows on the decks rim.

My mind went back to the days I spent with my mother and the days where I lived in the Red Keep. The first night I arrived at Winterfell and everyone went to sleep, I cried silently to myself. Mourning my mother, as reality hit me over and over.

The reality of my mother dead. The only person who truly knew, both inside and out.

After I fell asleep, Sansa woke me up, asking if I was ok since she had heard me crying a few moments ago. I only nodded at her. That night, Sansa, Robb, Arya, Jon and I slept on the fur rug in the common room near the fireplace.

The winter was harsh that night and we all stayed together for warmth.

Lord Stark and Lady Catelyn joined us in the middle of the night.

Over the years, the Starks had grown on me and they are probably the only people I would consider my family now. I may have learned how to act like northern man but I would never forget the manners mother taught me.

A smile tugs at my lips as a image of mother forms in my mind. She didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve anything that had to deal with death. My mother was a strong woman and believed in what she said and how she said it.

She didn't deserve a poor death.

"Mind if I join you?" A man's voice said. Jaime Lannister stood a couple feet away from me with his arms crossed. "I do, actually" I said.

Great, just the person I wanted to see.

Despite what I said, he came over and leaned his back against the rim next to me. Surprisingly, I didn't even react when he came closer, my guess was the wine keeping me from turning this feast into a murder scene.

"You've grown so much since the last time I saw you" He said.

It was some nerve for him to just talk to me like he knew me.

I sighed. "What do you want, Lannister?" I asked. I really didn't feel like talking to the man that shot my mother down and slit her throat.

"Nothing. I would just like to chat" He said.

I scoffed. "How can you face me after so many years of the night you and the Baratheons rebelled against my home. You killed my mother in front of me!" I said with frustration. He was making my blood boil.

"I am a man without honor, Jacaerys" Jaime said in a nonchalant way. "Lord Stark also has that image of me."

"Why didn't you kill me?" I asked. "You had the chance, yet, you didn't take it."

He sighed. "I couldn't kill an innocent child" He said.

"Well, I'm not a child anymore" I said in a challenge. I felt my eye burn against my eyelids. Then I knew they were turning into a bright crimson red. Jaime chuckled.

"And that is another reason why I couldn't killed you. You are gifted by the gods." He said, calmly.

"If I tried, I would have triggered your fire power. You would have burned everyone and everything to dust... except yourself."

I slowly blinked many times, feeling my eyes cool.

I knew what my power could do to others. I had once lost control of it when traveling to the ports with Jon. I had been pent up over something Lord Stark had said. I guess my body had over heated more than normal and I blew up.

Jon tried to calm me down but I snapped at him. Before I knew it, rays of heat came from my body, burning all of my clothes. The rays were so powerful that, it reached Jon and almost burned him alive.

Then I learned why mother called out power a curse. You lose control and it blinds you from those who you hurt. That's why she told me to never fight when angered because she knew if I did...

I would bring all seven hells with me