II

F I R E  B O R N ••

F I R E  B O R N
••

THE STORM

•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°|•°

I shifted constantly in my bed trying to sleep, but something was telling me to stay awake.

I groaned. I just wanted to sleep.

I got up from my bed and walked to the chamber doors. I needed something to drink.

I opened the doors to meet with the cool hallway air. I continue to walk to halls and pass a few rooms. I was headed to main kitchen of castle when I passed the lady's chamber.

This room was meant only for the lady's in the castle and the lady's who would visit as well. I could hear aunt Rhaella and my mother talking in hush on the other side.

I was going to continue on forward when I heard my mother say " I'm a curse, Rhaella. That is why I never wanted Jacaerys cause then I would have passed it on to him".

I could hear her sniffing and struggle to not cry. I never knew what she meant until I grew up.

Foots steps slowly taped the stone floor as they came towards where I was. In panic of getting caught, I hid behind the wall that led to the old dragon pit. I slowly peaked over the side of the wall, my eyes meeting a tall figure with white hair.

My father was standing in front of the doors to the lady's chamber. He was about to enter when a septa stopped him.

"Apologies prince Aergon but you are not allowed in the lady's chamber" she said. My father scowled at her. "Who said wasn't allowed to enter?" He said, irritated.

"It was ordered by Her majesty, Queen Rhaella, that no man, not even the king or prince, is allowed to enter the lady's chamber" she said with a strong voice.

Even if she spoke with steadiness, you could tell that she was nervous.

He growled and was about to push her aside when Aunt Rhaella opened the doors. "What is going on?"

The septa bowed to Rhaella. "My Queen" she said, hurriedly entering the lady's chamber as mother came out into the hall.

"What is it Aergon?" My mother said plainly. Her eyes were visibly red. "I came to talk to you" He said, then glanced at aunt Rhaella. "In private".

Rhaella huffed as she turned around toward the lady's chamber and closed the doors behind her.

Mother sighed. "What is it?". Father pierced his eyes at her. "Did you tell him yet?" He said.