14

[font: serif]

"hello?" jungwon speaks as he clears his voice.

"hello? wonie?" aeri says from the other line.

"i missed you," he says making the other blush.

after an exhasuting day jungwon feels peace hearing her voice, he feels delighted to talk with her. like all his tiredness, stresses vanishes when he's connected with her.

"i couldn't text you so i called."

"i was becoming frustrated with the app lately. it's becoming hard for us to communicate day by day."

"so where did you meet me? you were saying.."

"i think i've met you at school before. i don't know. it just clicked to me when i thought we are from a different timeline."

"are we really from different times? i can't believe it."

"i know right. how is that possible?"

"let's confirm it."

"confirm what?"

"that we are really from different timelines."

"and how so?"

"i'll go to niki's class. if i really find you there then it's confirmed that we really are from different times."

"i won't recognize you though," she chuckled.

"well, yeah right."

"we are so desperate to meet, aren't we?"

"it means you are two years ahead of me. i still have a huge chance to meet you, though."

"you do, we do. let's stay like this for a bit. us, talking like this."

"let's do it. it just calms me hearing your voice," he says making her blush again.

oh god..what did i do to find a man like him?

"what do you think of soulmates now?"

he chuckles.

adorable.

"it feels like fate let us meet in this world eventually. somehow we got to know each other. we got the map of our hearts. are we soulmates?"

they both chuckles.

"i want a time machine so bad now."

"so that you can time travel to 2022?"

she nods, not aware of the fact she is just having a phone call with the other. it feels like they are talking in real life. as they can imagine themselves in front of each other.

we are living in the same world, yet so far away from each other. out of our reach.

"so how was your day?" she asks expecting a detail from her soulmate.

"i don't know how it was. but it is wonderful now. now that i can talk with you."

ahhhhhh

"i guess same for me."

"well, does niki know me, then? does he know about us? if so he should have told me about the thing. we could have already met," the girl again.

"i don't know why he hasn't told you about me yet. and why we didn't meet in your time.. yet."

"but i think that, if we meet in real life, we won't be able to talk here again. like this."

"why so?"

"how can i talk with two jungwon at the same time?"

jungwon laughs.

even his laugh is so beautiful.

"right. so does that mean..once you meet me in real life, this me from 2022 won't be able to talk to you till that time we actually meet?"

he doesn't want to hear a yes from her. he doesn't want their connection to be ruined. at least not now.

"i don't know?"

"are you gonna sleep now?" jungwon says.

"no, i just wanna hear your angelic voice," aeri chuckles.

"okay, baby."

"i'm not a baby!"

"you are."

"so what are you? you are a little kitten then!"

"okay, i'll be your kitten."

they both laughs.

aeri wants to know everything about jungwon. she didn't know her life could be so unpredictable. she believes he is the other half of her. the other half of the map that completes their whole world. or else why would she meet him like this? like they had to meet no matter what.

"is it that..i'm close to meeting you in real life i'm not able to be connected with you and sometimes the app is disturbing? i don't know."

"maybe? who knows? everything in our life is unpredictable. we don't know what's coming next."

_______________________________

uhmm idk what to say i just don't feel like i'm doing a good job with the story but still whoever is reading this tysm! i'll try my best :) i'll appreciate if you vote and comment!