42

"go for it," jangmi whispers to niki. niki slowly nods. there is no one at aeri's hospital room except her now as he enters the hospital room.

"aeri, could we talk for a minute?" 

"sure," aeri smiles. "what is it?"

"are you feeling better now?"

"yeah, just a little headache but i'm alright."

"i'm glad then. i wanted to talk about something ... something i have been hesitating for awhile now to tell you and i'm sorry for that. i just didn't know how to approach you. i couldn't make up all the words and the courage."

"it's alright. just tell me."

is it really alright?

"before i start any of that , i bought chrysanthemums for you," i smiles. he knows that she likes them. "hope you will recover soon."

"there was no need of this but still.. thank you. i love them," aeri takes them as she smells them. the flowers smells so good, it makes aeri feel sweet inside.

"and also i'm leaving korea soon," he faintly smiles.

"what? why?" aeri's eyebrows turn into a sad frown as she hears what he just has said.

"i'm going back to japan. probably our last goodbye, huh?" niki tries to be playful even if his heart is ripping at every words that is coming out of his mouth.

"don't say that , please. i will miss you."

"i will miss you." i will miss you too. a lot. i have been always there for you, watching you from afar everyday. of course , i will miss you.

"don't forget me though, haha."

"totally not!"

"take care of yourself when i'm gone," he pats her head. she chuckles. "sure."

" so will you listen to the whole story?"

aeri nods.

"it was that day..."

niki's first day at high school. he was so eager going to the same school as his jungwon hyung. he would text him every now and then telling him about it. at the first day of his school, when he went to his classroom, he saw her from the first time, on her phone, vibing to the music in her earphones, wearing a soft smile. 

hyung, i met a pretty girl today. but was the message unsent.

he tried to keep his promise to jungwon hyung. even though always from behind. chuckling at her silliness at school, smiling proudly at her good results but ended up ignoring her everytime she wanted to talk to him. he was scared of liking her, not that he could. but it was so obvious he still liked her. we are not soulmates anyways. he bitterly chuckled.

everything was alright though. not until something happened. he slowly started to change, started being lonely.

_____________________________

decided to devide this chapter into two :)

i hesitated so much to publish this chapter omgg i wanted to do better but anyways :') don't forget to vote and comment :]
have a good day / night <3