38

(font:serif)

aeri is currently standing at the opposite side of the restaurant, vibes.
the road is too busy right now. also, she didn't hang up the call with jungwon. she still wants to hear him. she can not seem to cut the connection yet. not when jungwon needs her the most.

"how's the weather there? it's kind of gloomy, though the sun is very much visible," aeri says to continue the conversation.

"hmm, it's bright here. i can see the sun too," jungwon's mood seems to be better, he almost forgets the incident that just have happened earlier with his dad.

oh, darling are you watching the same sky from afar?
the sun's about to set
please hold onto the memory
just don't let it go yet

some randoms lyrics are just playing in his head. it's been a quite some time that he couldn't write but suddenly he feels like all the melodies are coming back itself.

"have you not reached there yet?" jungwon asked, putting the thoughts aside.

"i'm really close though just have to cross the path," aeri laughs. "i've been walking very slowly. niki must be waiting for me."

"same, here," both of them chuckle. the silence follows after it.

our laughs make a song itself
i can't let it go somewhere else
we are so close, yet so far away
maybe it wouldn't be the same
if i met you again
when i see you again
listen to my heart's beating
when it hears your name

"oh! niki is here, waving at me."

"we will call again, cross the path. i can see him too now."

"alright, love."

"i love you."

beep

that's all aeri hears until niki shouts her name. before she could realize what was happening, she was rushed by a speeding car in the middle of the street.

the phone falls from the hand. the last sound she hears is her phone cracking.

beep

the sun has fully set by now.

_____________________

saurrr? lmk what you guys think

saurrr? lmk what you guys think...what's gonna happen? any predictions? i don't wanna spoil but you guys are good at predicting though..👀