23

[font:serif]

jungwon is calling you...

decline | accept

"hello?" jungwon says as soon as he picks up the call.

"hello..jungwon," aeri says almost inaudible for him.

"aeri, what happened? you're making me worry," his voice is cleared with concern for the girl.

"i- actually," she mutters, knowing there's no alternative to hide her situation anymore.

"just don't deny it, you know. if you're not okay, then you're not. don't hide anything, because it will only make things worse," jungwon says straightly at once.

at least there's someone to listen to me.

"yeah, you're right."

"do you wanna talk about it?"

"uhm, maybe." aeri sighs before continuing.
"i hate to be ignored, jungwon. today was all discomfort for me."

"what happened today?"

"it was my cousin's birthday. i don't know why they even included me to the party because they never do. and then when i went there, they just ignored me like i was a ghost," aeri let out a laughter, a laughter of pain.

"they even went out without me. it's nothing new but yeah i can't stop hurting myself," she sighs.

"they don't deserve you. don't go next time, please. they don't deserve a precious soul like you." and just in one second he replaced the scar in her heart with words of comfort.

"it's okay, i have you."

that's enough for me.

"yes, you have me. just don't forget that there will always be me whenever you need somebody."

"okay, little kitten," she giggles.

"yes, baby." they both laughs together.

no matter what happens, they can forget all of them when they connect.

i'm glad we are connected.

"i'm on the rooftop. do you wanna see something?" jungwon brings up a new topic, hopeful of making her feel better.

"hm? what is it?"

"i'm turning on my camera, hold on."

oh my god..

when jungwon turns on his camera, aeri gets a glance of his rooftop, not so bright, but she can see everything around it, the sky is very clear.

"look over there. what do you see?"

"in the sky?"

"yeah."

"oh, wait. i see..a rocket!"

"yes, a rocket."

"it looks mysterious in the night sky," aeri mentions, her eyes still glued to her phone screen.

"i can't believe i'm seeing the past through my phone screen. wow," she says as she covers her lips with her hands.

"yeah," jungwon says, his eyes glued to the rocket which is making its way to another world, a world they are unconscious of.

"what do you think of it?"

"what?"

"a rocket," jungwon says as he flips the camera to face himself.

"rocket is like a connection. it connects us," aeri smiles even though jungwon can't see it.

"can i see you?"

"hmm? uh-"

what do i do..

"five minutes!"

"sure!"

aeri hurries to her rooftop. she opens the gate as she takes a glance at the moon. the sound of tree leaves is audible as a sweet wind is blowing by.

"here i am!" she finally taps the video icon.

"pretty."

there was a silent for a second until jungwon breaks it,

"stop blushing. haha."

"don't make me embarrassed, wonie."

"look at the moon," aeri flips her camera as the golden moon shows up to jungwon's screen.

"wonderful. you came to the rooftop?"

"yeah, the wind is very nice and refreshing. i like it here."

"are you feeling better?"

"yes," aeri nods, her hair is flying by the wind.

aeri hears music, not too clear, but vivid in her ears.

❝maybe it wouldn't be the same
if i met you again..❞

amongst every kind of music in nature, what she hears, this one is different as her heart feels at peace.

"jungwon."

"was there any song playing in the background?"

"i just turned it on by mistake," jungwon rubs his neck.

"whose song is it?"

"you'll know. but for now it's a secret."

______________________

i love you all for continuing the story!votes and comments are always appreciated :)

votes and comments are always appreciated :)