4. Denial For A While

You sit on your porch step shaking with fright and tears after being sent an actual heart that belonged to probably an innocent person. What made this more scary was that the mystery person someone knew where you lived. You never and seen or talked to them. EVER. "Would you like to come down to the station to check out the DNA, you're not alone?" An officer asked. You slowly looked up and there stood an officer who had a mustache with a police suit.

"My apology- I'm Deputy Dewey, but you can just call me Dewey" he smiled for reassurance. You nodded, then said "okay." "If you don't mind me asking a few questions about what happened?" You chew on your fingernails nervously and your head is spinning, along with your body panicking. "S-Some guy called me and.." you take a skippy deep breath. "He was nice and flirty at first, until..I heard my doorbell rang and I went to go answer it and that was when I saw a box.." he jots down everything you say. "Now, did he say anything about your house at all?" "Yeah. He said he has known my address for a while" you get more scared.

"What happened when you opened the box?" "I panicked. I hung up on him and called the police.." you start crying more. He nods. "What's going to happen next?" You asked. "Well..first, you're going to need to come down to the station with us just to stay safe. Another incident happened minutes ago, so we're getting notified horribly about this" he had a worried look on his face. You furrow your eyebrows. "If you don't mind me asking, what other incident happened..?" He sighed. "I'm pretty sure they both go to your school, Woodsboro High. Casey Becker and Steve Orth?" Your eyes widen a little.

"They were murdered" your eyes widen again. Oh..shit. "Did you know them?" Dewey asked. You cover your mouth with more tears streaming down your cheeks, eyes widened, and heart racing. Billy wasn't kidding, you didn't think he was actually serious. You regret saying that you wouldn't tell on him. Don't do it, Y/n, don't do it, Y/n. "Can we please go down to the station..?" You asked. "Of course. ALRIGHT, COME ON!!" Dewey yelled at the other officers.

You get up and pause when you feel like you're being watched. You look around and your eyes pause when you see a dark figure run back into the bushes. Your eyes widen a little and your heart races. "You coming?" Dewey startled you. "Yeah..!" You follow him turning your head back and forth towards the bush.

At The Station

You sit down and watch as they monitor the heart. You hold in your breath trying not to breathe the smell in. "Do you know who exactly called you?" An officer asked you. "No" you replied coldly. He nodded and helped the other officers monitor the heart.

Flashback

"in one of my classes?" "Possibly" "I give up, who are you?" "I told you, doll. I'm someone you've never talked to" "well, then how do you know me?" "I've known you for a while now."

Back To Reality

Your eyes widen. "Billy..." you mumbled, but loud enough for the officers to hear. "What?" Your head shot up. Shit. "N-Nothing" they squint their eyes at you, then put their focus back on the monitor. BEEP..BEEP..BEEEEEPPP!!!!!!!! Their eyes widen extremely wide. "Jesus Christ!!" "The hell?" "Oh, my god!!" You stand up and furrow your eyebrows. "The heart belongs to Casey Becker.." your eyes widen extremely wide. You feel your eyes get woozy and your heart pounding. You then faint.