𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷-𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓷𝓼

Aerrax was remarkably calm that day. He might sensed the mood of the princess who was slowly running her hands over his scales.

Five moons. For that much, she wouldn't be able to feel the freedom of flying a dragon again.

She also thought about what would happen in seven moons. Her and Luke's Name Day. They planned to celebrate it together. As always. Hunting and tournaments. She didn't like it, but her mother and brother were always happy to arrange such things.

Great knights will fight in the tournament. And probably Aemond, who trained in the square with Criston Cole every day. Sometimes the princess watched them from the balcony. Sometimes she did it with Grandpa Viserys, when his health allowed it.

"Raella?"
The princess moved away from the railing and crouched beside the King.
"Yes?"
"Are you happy with your and the prince's wedding?"
His granddaughter smiled gently.
"Of course, Your Grace. It's my duty."
Viserys looked across the training ground.
"You're just like your mother, you know? Not only do you have the beauty of old Valyria, but your characters are identical."
Raella smiled as she listened to the older man.

"I remember her when she was your age. She did not think about the consequences of her actions and did not want to get married. But she finally did, much later than you will." Viserys coughed. "And you see it worked out well for her. And then she remarried."

The man talked a little more about her mother's youth. Raella learned that at first only Lucerys was expected. And Raella wasn't discovered until Rhaenyra was giving birth.

She also found out that her name was supposed to be Visenya. After one of the most illustrious women of House Targaryen.

Raella decided to name her first daughter after her. Which will probably also be the daughter of the man who just won a duel with Criston Cole.

She smiled at her grandfather and, with the same expression on her face, began to clap along with the court.

Aemond put down his sword and looked first at his father, bowing his head in respect. But he couldn't take his eyes off of it anymore.

Or rather, he couldn't take his eyes off the Princess standing next to the King. Smiling. And clapping, for him. A small, almost unnoticeable smile crept onto his lips.

But she noticed it. She nodded to him. She later apologized to the King and took shelter from the sun in the Red Keep.

She decided to go to the library. She spent a lot of time in the one in Driftmark when she came to Rhaenys and Corlys. She hadn't visited the one in the Red Keep yet because she knew it was the Prince's favorite place.

But now Aemond was on the training field, and he wasn't likely to return anytime soon. The princess slowly walked between the shelves, feeling the rays of the sun coming through the beautiful, huge windows from time to time. She was just figuring out where everything was.

She found some books on the history of House Targaryen that interested her. She also found a lot of books on subjects that Corlys loved to push into her. And she also found books about the High Valyrian language. She spoke that language very well, but loved to practice and learn new things.

She dragged all the books that interested her to the table in front of the fireplace. She shouldn't be doing this because of the wound on her stomach, but luckily Criston Cole stayed outside the library door after checking every corner of it.

She opened the history of House Targaryen first. It started with 2 BC and the arrival of Aegon the Conqueror. In fact, she'd always been more interested in the history of his sisters, Rhaenys and Visenya. She considered them both wonderful and brave women.

Visenya was riding Vhagar. Sometimes Raella couldn't believe the dragon was so old. She remembered the days of Aegon the Conqueror. Now that dragon was ridden by Aemond. It should be someone else but he was also a good rider.

The girl reached King Aenys when the sunset began and her reading was interrupted by a knock and then by Criston Cole standing by her table.

He nodded.
"Princess, would you like to dine here or in your chambers?"
Raella did not look up from the thick book.
"Here"When the knight started to leave, she turned in her chair "Have you ever read the history of House Targaryen? "
The knight turned and smiled slightly.
"No, I never had a chance, Princess."
Rachel shook her head.

"Too bad, but you know the basics right?"
"I am Dornish, My Lady. I know that the first King was Aegon the Conqueror and the current King Viserys I."
Raella pursed her lips into a thin line.
"When you give orders to the servants, please come back here." She turned the pages to the beginning. " We have a lot of catching up to do. Maybe we'll be able to repeat Aegon the Conqueror by the end of today."

This is how Criston Cole and Raella began their close relationship. In fact, they only made it halfway through Aegon's reign on that day.

But it became their frequent habit. The princess told the knight about many things and curiosities from history. And Criston had been telling her about the art of war and fencing. In fact, they got along great.

The library has become one of her favorite places. But she rarely visited her, not wanting to run into Aemond. But finally it happened.

Raella was alone this time, practicing her pronunciation in High Valyrian.
"vēdros"(hate)
"Qilōni gaomagon ao vēdros?"(Who do you hate?)
Aemond stood on the other side of the table.
"Tolvys"(everyone)
"Vala, ābrar se riñar?" (Man, women and children?)
"Daor mirre"(not all)
"Se nyke?"(And I?)

The princess snapped the book shut and rolled her eyes.
"Are you done? Because I am."
Aemond lifted the corner of his mouth and slowly placed his hand on the table.
"You're very nervous today. I just walked in here a few minutes ago and you already want to leave."
"What's weird about that?"
Aemond rolled his eyes and walked away to the shelves.
"ūndegon ao tolī" (see you later)
Raella first frowned in consternation. But then she remembered.

Tonight would be the first dinner together since her brothers and uncles had fought during one. The Queen and the King ordered it.

And this time the girl will be alone. Among the greens. Therefore, the girl quickly went to her chamber. She called the servants.

She had completely forgotten about it, absorbed in the new discoveries in the library. She has no time left.

She quickly chose a dress and put it on. She had chosen the color partly on purpose and partly because she had small choice.

The dress was black with red decorations. One of the many that her mother had ordered to sew. She loved these colors.

So when the hour struck everyone sat down at the table. This time Raella sat on her fiancé's right hand, with Helaena on her right. Next sat Aegon. Opposite sat the Otto, The King, and The Queen.

Of course, Alicent ordered a prayer before the meal. Daemon wasn't here this time, so it was silent. Raella tried her hardest to focus on her, but it just didn't sit well with her.

So she studied her surroundings with great interest. Helaena wore a simple yellow dress. Aegon looked like Aegon. Aemond, as usual, was dressed modestly in black. Neatly styled long hair.

Then she returned to Helaena again. She was fourteen when she gave birth to twins. She was just a girl. Who married Aegon. Raella couldn't imagine a worse fate.

She wanted it over with quickly. But she wasn't given it. Aegon must have started saying the most disgusting things out of spite. Raella gripped her steak fork tightly.
"Why are you squeezing that fork so tight? You're about to break it."
Raella smiled at Aemond through gritted teeth.
"I imagine it's your brother's spine."

The prince burst out laughing.
"Then I ask you to try it in practice."
She smiled at him. Aegon finally quieted down, and the rest of the meal passed in peace. The princess talked to Helaena, and sometimes Aemond joined in.

When she returned to her chambers, she felt overwhelming fatigue, probably caused by the wine she had drunk. Sleep embraced her like an old friend.

And the nightmares pulled her out of those embraces.